Grindlefor Gallop 2011

Gallop or stagger?

61 to 66 of 66 messages
14/03/2011 at 08:40
21miles on my Garmin, Jim.

I don't know about you, but DOMS has bitten with a vengeance in the last 12 hours
14/03/2011 at 08:45
Morning Jim
Nice to have met you on Saturday, i can only echo Frodo it is a lovely event, and it's great to run in such fantastic scenery.
My legs are still pretty sore this morning, i hope i can recover in time for Sundays Dronfield 10K, allthough its going to seem like a run around the block after the Gallop!
14/03/2011 at 10:41

Frodo - 21 miles is what I had too. I had in mind that it should be21.7 miles but can't remember why just now.

TBH - having walked so much, I haven't really suffered with DOMS. In fact I ran the line for the second half of my son's footy game on Sunday without any bother. It seems a far cry from the suffering & anguish of last Thursday.

16/03/2011 at 16:10

Really enjoyed this, more so than last year. The conditions where perfect.

It's got to be my favorite race, fantastic and challenging course.

I thought I was going to break 3hours at one point... oh well gives me something to aim for next year!

17/03/2011 at 07:58

Shaun - although I was way down the field after you I reckon the last 5 miles (up to & along the Edges) are a really strong test for anyone's intended finishing time.

As you say, the whole of the course is challenging. I dunno whether it's better to push it along the Monsal Trail or hold back a little. As for the climb to Ballcross Farm!

All the Best for next year's attempt .

21/03/2011 at 20:48
Worth the journey from Gloucestershire. narrowly missed my 3.15 target but there is always next year.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
61 to 66 of 66 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.