Hadrian's Wall Half Marathon

24th June

9 messages
20/03/2012 at 20:07

Just wondering if anyone else is in for this?

http://born4running.co.uk/hadrianhalf/index.html

It'll be my first half marathon, but unlike a week ago when I would have been slightly awestruck at the step to enter a half marathon, I'm now seeing it as good training for the Kielder Marathon in October.

What a difference a week makes...

20/03/2012 at 22:29

You should join a club

21/03/2012 at 06:27

I did.

The Vegetarian Cycling and Athletic Club. It has many things to argue in it's favour - it's a club, for one, there's a club vest (yay!) and the people are spread all over, so I don't need to start making excuses for not making club training nights. 

Virtually perfect for the vest-wearing, calendar-blind vegetarian about town.

21/03/2012 at 10:17
Do they run the Harrier League (cross country)?
22/03/2012 at 19:31
Don't know - I'll have a look at their site...
22/03/2012 at 20:36
I don't think they do - pity, great experience and excellent training opportunity for longer runs
22/03/2012 at 20:45
I had thought about joining Northumberland Fell Runners, who do more hills and stuff, but I kind of got round to the VCAC first - the whole first claim / second claim confuses me hugely, so I don't know if I even could join NFR now, or what...
23/03/2012 at 12:38

Yes, you can.a couple of my club mates are also in NFR. They only run fell races in NCF vests. We are on facebook and website

www.elswickharriers.org.uk

23/03/2012 at 17:47
Righto - might check that out then - thanks!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.