Halewood 5K

Anyone fancy a pb?!

21 to 36 of 36 messages
08/02/2012 at 19:11

Thats great Degsy!  hopefully see you there soon! I usually do lead bike, but this week im leading a pacing group for 25 min. I'm aiming to run it myself at the end of the month. Sounds like your running great Chingoncito! What marathon are you doing? Well your more than welcome to give him a run for his free entry! haha, but no worries if you want to focus on the longer stuff this weekend! Look forward to seeing you there also! I think Jonny Mellor of the Harriers who is running the New York Half Marathon for GB has said he will do it in the next month or two so i'm sure he will be putting his name on the record, but it's up for grabs before then!

10/02/2012 at 11:15
Excellent news! The Halewood 5k is now under UKA licence and so will go on Power of 10! and if it gets you tempted into doing it Chingoncito we might even get some kilometre markers setup! We're try to make it beginner friendly with a competitive edge also, lots of positive feedback so far from those who have ran it.
13/02/2012 at 20:06
I have to say I feel ching could be the one to watch this week. Jus sayin
13/02/2012 at 23:26
Where's your fighting spirit Andy??? I thought you were a competitor!!! Only joking mate it will be good to see you back there and don't forget you will have an advantage in knowing the course. Although I don't doubt the talent Ching has! Whoever win's on Saturday will have to run a quick time I think plenty of people in form going head to head. I think sub 16.30 is easily on the cards for a few people! But not too quick lads as I'm on lead bike
13/02/2012 at 23:36
The fighting spirit is locked away to prepare for saturday ahaha, I've heard that a certain EX record holder has a quick finish so as thiz could upset procedings I think a fast start will be order of the day, I really dont fancy getting out sprinted on the last 400M or so. Me dad says I'll have to pull me socks up this week but I did that the last 3weeks, what can ya do
what are you goin to do on the lead bike when mellow turns up haha.
14/02/2012 at 00:18

Haha erm well I might let someone else do that job that week, or I could just pop along with my racer He's on the telly next week racing against Mo Farah in Birmingham. I dont think Mark comes on Runnersworld but he is well up for this!! I actually hope it goes down to the last 100 metres would be really great to watch. Also just wait till I get back fit Andy I'm not called Sprinting Toffee for nothing

Please don't let speed demons like Andy put off any beginners though! We have a 30 minute for 5k pacing group this week, the Halewood 5k is very beginner friendly with a competitive edge

14/02/2012 at 15:38

Good to see he`s well up for a qiuck run then

Cant wait now

i reckon the sub 30group is a good idea too, it`s a good incentive for alot of people because its achievable yet rewarding at the same time. it was good to see a group going round together last week in the 25min pace area

14/02/2012 at 22:09
Definitely mate! tell your Dad I'm doing a sub 20 group the following Saturday too Yes the aim is to get many people taking part as possible, hopefully people will run in the sub 30 group with the aim of getting into the sub 25 group a few months later! I'm with the aim of sub andy the deestrider by the summer group
16/02/2012 at 13:27

Sub 16.30? Ha Im definately the outsider for this weekend! Ive got the slowest 5km pb, wont be tapering and am focussing on the longer distances at the moment(excuses out the way early)

As for race tactics, i think whoever goes off at the front the other 2 will just stick with him because the gap between us is so small that whoever finishes 3rd should be able to hold the winning pace until at least 3km, my prediction is we'll all go off at a ridiculous pace....it will start to fade before a brutal last km where it will come down to whoever has the most left, if it is a sprint finish i reckon things could get messy after the finish line 

Must admit im looking forward to this as well, not everyday you can find a pb course with such close competition!

16/02/2012 at 22:05

I can't wait!!! Like I've said before i'm on lead bike so not too quick please lads It should really be a good race, theres a few other lads from our club doing it too. All aiming for low 17's so probably won't be in contention unless its a slower pace. These lads are great runners too, but can't touch Mark Clair in training at the min

23/02/2012 at 16:36
Its just 2 days to go until the free of charge Halewood 5k! Any RW forumites fancy giving this a go for the first time? With a later start at 1pm we've been getting athletes travelling from further afield and plenty of positive feedback so far the results are now published weekly on the power of 10 website
27/02/2012 at 16:34
See ya saturday
28/02/2012 at 08:01
See you there Andy! Well done on your run at the weekend mate
02/03/2012 at 11:52

The date doesn't appear to have been updated but the next Halewood 5k is tomorrow at 1pm! This is a weekly event every Saturday. For first timers and satnav users the address is Halewood park visitor centre, Okell Drive, Halewood L26 7XB all you need to do is turn up on the day  

11/09/2012 at 11:03

PLEASE NOTE

This free 5K event has now changed from a weekly to monthly with a new start time.

It is now held on the first Saturday of each month with a new start time of 10:00

Details are on the organisers website

http://www.knowsleyharriers.com/ai1ec_event/halewood-5k-3/?instance_id=14495

There is a full results service for Halewood 5k containing results for all Halewood races, plus current standings for all runners who have done the race, course stats etc which can be found at

https://sites.google.com/site/halewood5kresultsservice/home

12/09/2012 at 11:09

Thanks for the update Derek.

Just to add, also with this FREE monthly event there will be FREE refreshments and CASH PRIZES for the winners.

now it doesnt get much better than that does it

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 36 of 36 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.