Hampton Court Half 2014

Is anyone doing this event??

3 messages
24/10/2013 at 13:07

Long time lurker, first time poster..

I came accross this event the other day and entered on a whim as part of my VLM training. Is it the first time the even has been run?

I dont know the area.. whats it like?

24/10/2013 at 15:15

I looked at this myself as I live locally, never heard of it before.  The route is more or less the same as the Kingston breakfast run/Kingston run challenge but in the opposite direction.  The first section will be nice, good views of HH and along the river into Kingston, after that it's a bit dull just alongside a fairly busy road (hence the early start). Nice and flat though.

24/02/2014 at 13:09

I completed this run yesterday. There has been a lot of criticism of this race elsewhere in this forum. The busy road you mention along with narrow pavements presented a lot of problems. Too many runners in confined sections.Also race route was short by .4 of mile, so it was not a half marathon as advertised. The organisers admitted to the error. There were a lot of unhappy runners, disappointed that there times would not count as a half marathon time.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.