Hanley Building Society Potters Arf Marathon

81 to 82 of 82 messages
15/06/2012 at 09:26

A bit late [12 hour shifts at work] but cheers Lee, It has taken me 10 years of training though,had loads of team mates around me for support,

15/06/2012 at 16:03

My first 'competitive' half marathon and I really enjoyed it.  Organisation was excellent and made life easy for the competitors. Felt a real sense of satisfaction as I crossed the line.  Quite surprised how hilly the course was.  The hill at 4 miles (Anchor Road) was early enough to not present much of a problem but the mountain at 11 miles (Milton Road) was really tough and denied me a silver medal!

Special mention to Bryan from racephotos.org.uk - nice website - I was able to download my pic for free and liked it so he kindly emailed me a high res version...might print that out to remind oneself of the pain (and achievement)...

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
81 to 82 of 82 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.