Haslemere Boxing Day Run

Any other mentalists out there?

21 to 33 of 33 messages
11/12/2005 at 13:05
just decided I am going to do this one, good reason to get my backside out of bed and get rid of the christmas grub and alcohol..... or maybe a good excuse to start again later in the day :o)
11/12/2005 at 21:38
Hi EP, with you all the way on the reasons there!
18/12/2005 at 11:44
107 thats my number :o)
Tried to convince my OH to either enter or marshall but his reply was a very firm NO, with a few expletives thrown in and comments about insane people getting up at stupid o clock to run up hills getting cold and dirty.
see you all there :o)
20/12/2005 at 13:45
EP, (like the hat btw) I'm No. 51. Ran up and down the start and finish hill last night. It's not as bad as I thought, the first 50 yards are the steepest part although I believe there's a short hands on knees hill a bit further on. Looking forward to this a lot.
20/12/2005 at 17:37
Well, as long as the hands on knees bit is before the beer that is okay. Wouldn't want to spill any!!
24/12/2005 at 12:45
Thanks Diogenes took ages to find a hat that flattered my unique markings :o)
I'm looking forward to this run/walk/stagger/crawl but I do still have a chest infection so if by any chance there is someone behind me after 200 yards, give me a push please or mention food :o)
Have a good Christmas, eat drink and be incredibly merry and see you on Boxing day looking tired and rough :o)
26/12/2005 at 09:14
Can I just ask whose idea was it to get up at this stupid hour???? I need sleep, my stomach is way to big to be running with and my alcohol stream hasn't got enough blood in it yet yaaaaaaaaaawn
26/12/2005 at 20:42
Oops. Sorry. Those other hills were steeper than I thought. That combined with the pinch points and the single file sections slowed things down a bit. Still it was a fun run wasn't it, not a race. Hated it most of the way around but was already thinking about next year's race in the shower.
26/12/2005 at 23:22
Diogenes lets face it, you lied, you lulled us all into a false sense of security to make sure we all turned up :o) Those hills were mountains, huge very very long wet muddy stodgy mountains :o)Having said that I did enjoy it and will definitely do the run next year if I am still in the country.
I'm pretty sure I saw McGoohan, but didnt go up and say Hi incase I got a 'who the hell are you and what are you calling me' stare!
26/12/2005 at 23:29
Yes, D, there were rather more of the hills than advertised!!! I enjoyed it though. I'm not used to hills OR mud so was pleased I managed to keep running every step. Beer was good - or the few mouthfuls I didn't spill were at any rate!!
27/12/2005 at 09:01
The real me doesn't bite, EP ;)

I was mainly running behind/in front of the bloke with the fluffy dog. (He carried it the first hundred yards or so!) Though I did see someone with 3 dogs come through later too. I think technicall these people were being assisted!
31/12/2005 at 20:57
I was looking at a bloke in the car park before the race thinking I know you, but unable to place him. It wasn't until afterwards that I realised that it was probably McGoohan whose photo I had seen here or on Fetch.
01/01/2006 at 12:02
Happy New Year everyone :o)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 33 of 33 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.