Hastings Half-Marathon & Sussex Championship

Simply the Best!

21 to 22 of 22 messages
26/03/2013 at 11:50

Did anybody else suffer in the cold, waiting for the "park and ride" bus, after the race?  I waited an hour - there was only one bus running, and the traffic was atrocious, so it was taking 30 min to do the round trip.  Should have at least been more buses, especially in that weather!  Soured an otherwise good event for me.

26/03/2013 at 22:18
Yes, I was in that queue too! It was bitter, and not great for the muscles to be standing in the cold for so long. I emailed the organisers and got a fairly curt reply, saying that they've only ever had one bus for the return journey and that it's never been an issue before - and suggested that we could have used the free taxi service, which was news to me! I'm sure the only thing I saw in the race pack was a free taxi back to the start of the race, which wouldn't have been terribly useful! Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed the event and the atmosphere, and I suppose it made finally getting warm all the sweeter!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 22 of 22 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.