Hastings Runners 5

10 messages
02/01/2011 at 22:28
Does anyone know where I can find a race course map for this race as I am thing of entering it just as sort of fun race in between my half marathons? There doesn't seem to be a map of the course on the Hastings site itself, is it just along the promenade and back more or less?
Edited: 02/01/2011 at 22:39
02/01/2011 at 22:37

I've not done the race, but I think it is on the prom and so flat

02/01/2011 at 22:40

A flat, fast and scenic certified course, running along the seafront, starting and finishing in Hastings town centre.

That's what it says on the RW race page ^^

02/01/2011 at 22:43

Thanks B, I haven't done it myself either, if its on the prom it would be a nice fun race maybe even a PB potential as its just a flat stretch. I am a bit of a geek and like to take a peek at a map course, I am always afraid I will get lost!

02/01/2011 at 22:55
lol I'm a bit like that too! I might do it if I have recovered from London - 5 flat miles could be fun
03/01/2011 at 15:12

I signed up for it as it looks a nice fun race

25/04/2011 at 11:06
It is absolutely flat - it starts in the town centre and heads out towards Bexhill running on the prom. If you have ever done the Hastings Half then you will know the turnaround point which is close to where the loos are for the Half! You then run back (with runners either side) and head out to the Old Town - again all along the prom. The turnaround point is near to the old town at the point where the half comes off the road to run along the sea path. From there it is back to the finish going under the road by means of the underpass (sharp turn and watch out for the bollards!).

Nice and flat and a fast course.
25/04/2011 at 12:31
Hi Sharon - Can you message me - I'm from Thanet Roadrunners and can't get an email to you for some reason - we're not ignoring you about the Thanet Marathon I promise!
25/04/2011 at 14:01
Hi Thanet Roadrunners, I will message you when I get home later! No idea whats going on with my email, but hopefully I will get through to you later on. Thank you for finding me!
15/05/2011 at 13:59

A lovely start to a Sunday morning

Will the results be on the Hastings Runners website?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
10 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.