Hell Up North

Anyone know the actual distance covered?

21 to 27 of 27 messages
05/11/2012 at 21:51
I'm thinking of doing the Cartmel Lakeland trail - looks a bit more civilised! Good luck if you do it again next year
05/11/2012 at 23:13
I said never again after suffering such severe cramp following the water i had to rest for 10 minutes and walk last 2 miles. However, I am thinking I probably will do it again and just go for it rather than queue next time so I can get out quick. Having never been in an event like it before I didn't know what lay ahead so was over cautious.

Im going to do hell in the middle in february if all goes to plan.
05/11/2012 at 23:30
Race brilliant but extreme.those who scrolled slowly through the water really need to have a word with themselves and think about not doing it again after making others wait in extreme conditins.if you're not up to it, sure they'll find a trolley dash at the local tesco.

Don't go to dinner with the devil and expect him to keep his manners
06/11/2012 at 13:25

I've competed in 11 half marathons prior to Hell up North and none compared to how extreme it was. It would be a fair statement to say I was quite complacent about what to expect and found that about 8 miles in I felt like I'd done 13! That said I'd do it again next year but prepare adequately for it. 

I'd echo some of the other comments on here that the lake bit was too slow to get through. We were queing in there 25 mins! In retrospect I wish we'd just swam the thing as we could have been through in 5.

06/11/2012 at 14:03

Reading the comments i probably made the correct decision pulling out due to chest infection and heavy cold but im still a bit gutted. Amazing what we runners will put ourselves through , i really was in denial about it and was going to attempt until i got up saturday morning. Ah well i hope Hell in the Middle in february is comparable.

Edited: 06/11/2012 at 14:04
06/11/2012 at 22:21
All signed up. Bring on Hell in the Middle!! Looking forward to seeing what delights are in store at Trentham, hopefully Lake Lucifer will be alittle kinder if not well may just have to get swimming as February will be brrr brrr brrrrr!!
09/11/2012 at 23:42

This event was brilliant, let's not forget, it's not called HELLrunner for nothing.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 27 of 27 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.