Help - can any experienced VLM runners give me some advice?

Hotels/ Transport etc etc etc...

21 to 24 of 24 messages
21/11/2012 at 11:09

Thanks everyone for all of the advice - particularly the idea of making sure there's a bath in the room - I remember when I did Berlin a few years back, I think I spent about 2 hours in the bath afterwards, not sure I'd have survived without it...

Seriously though massive appreciation for the advice - exactly what I was looking for.

NBFS

cougie    pirate
21/11/2012 at 11:51

Good luck getting out of the bath !

21/11/2012 at 19:02

I did London for the first time last year. I stayed by Canary Wharf. Ideal for the expo and getting to the start, both with the DLR. Plus the race goes right past,  so family can stay in hotel and pop down to see you. You can arrange an exact point as the barriers and mile markers go up the night before. The family can then jump the tube (jubilee line) towards the finish for a meet up. Tube back to hotel afterwards. Lots of stairs on the way back on the tube however.

Edited: 21/11/2012 at 19:05
22/11/2012 at 15:05

Thanks Guys...

Canary Wharf sounds like a good shout

beer is indeed good, and to be fair London Pride is pretty good beer...

However, stairs are bad!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.