Hogsmill Ladies 5

13th May - and cakes after!

21 to 35 of 35 messages
Trogs    pirate
13/05/2007 at 18:13
Hope you all enjoyed yourselves this morning.

I understand some runners went slightly off route due to the lack of signs at 3 mile point. Apologies for the confusion; all the necessary markers were in place at 0930 but it appears someone took a fancy to and removed the 3 mile marker which would have kept people on the right track. Not had a problem at that point before but next year we'll make sure there's a marshal there to avoid repetition.

Hopefully the results will be up on our webiste - www.epsomallsorts.org.uk - later this evening.
13/05/2007 at 18:43
Had a fab time this time this morning, even if I was one of the ones who got slightly lost. How did I manage to do that??? (My husband thinks I was just trying to find some excuse for missing a PB.)

Kids loved their races, especially since they got to pin on numbers and got real medals at the end.

Thank you very much Epsom Allsorts. I'll definitely be back for more next year.

PS: cakes were yummy too.
13/05/2007 at 20:42
Hi - sorry Coxy - I do remember meeting you at Richomond Park. You ran really well today.

I am now sporting a rather swollen foot and sore ankle after going over on it about a k from the end but like the trooper I am finished with a sprint :o)

Think I went bit wrong somewhere but was just folowing the rest of the runners :o)
Was expecting a water station but not sure if there was one now !!

Thoroughly enjoyed the race despite sore ankle and rain and will be back nest year :o)
13/05/2007 at 20:53
Bad luck on the slip Greeny, it was a bit skiddy in places, hope your foot will be ok soon.

Nice to meet you Coxy as you shot past us!

We thoroughly enjoyed our race today and my friend was very impressed with the cake array afterwards!
13/05/2007 at 21:26
Well I had a great time today - cut through the bushes to cheer at half way and then back to the sports ground where I limited myself to a mere two slices of cake! :oD

and victory to us in the mob match :oD
14/05/2007 at 09:24
Yes I had a fab time yesterday! Thanks for a lovely weekend Tiger and congratulations on a fantistic pb! I was very pleased with my time in spite of being part of the group that wandered around lost for a bit at around the 3 mile mark!

And yes, the tea and cakes were a life saver on such a wet spring day! :)
14/05/2007 at 09:26
And forgot to say how nice it was to see some familiar faces. Murph, Josie, Fruity.. lovely to see you all again. I won't leave it so long between visits next time!
14/05/2007 at 13:20
Cheers guys.

No sign of results yet? Perhaps due to contention over 2nd place?!
14/05/2007 at 13:28
Well done Tiger on PB, one for me too.

Poor Green Eyes and her slip. Was a bit reminscint of a x-country race in the rain as opposed to a May spring day.
14/05/2007 at 13:59
Hope not Rach - was great to see you again too

(ex Fruity Reinder!!)
Trogs    pirate
14/05/2007 at 15:42
Minor communications breakdown re results. Webmistress now has them and will upload them asap - though that may not be till she gets home.

Amazed how many Allsorts took the wrong route - they run this race year after year and quite often run part of the route, from the tunnel to the Harrier Centre, during regular training runs too. On the other hand, they do have a tendancy follow like sheep. Where the one in front goes, all others will follow regardless.

Coxy - there was a cross country race which followed part of our course a couple of years ago. Parts of the route were ankle deep in liquid mud - I'm sure Tiger and GE may recall that one; in fact, seem to think Greeny injured herself in that one too.
14/05/2007 at 16:15
I'm a bit of a disaster in bad weather eh Murf :o))

Been hobbling around today but I think I'm on the mend !!!!!
15/05/2007 at 11:33
Saw Results are up on website. Well done all.
Trogs    pirate
15/05/2007 at 15:20
Photos are up too www.hamptonhillstudios.co.uk
Trogs    pirate
15/05/2007 at 15:23
Or click here to take you direct to the race photos

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 35 of 35 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.