Hogweed Muggles Multi-terrain races 06/10/12

Off-road/Cross-country

5 messages
30/09/2012 at 17:49

Hi folks- just a reminder, if you like charging around the beautiful Cotswold hills for 5, 10 or 15 miles of stunning scenary, this Saturdays Hogweed Muggles running races are for you. 3 distances for adults and 3 kids fun-runs too. All starting from Hawkesbury Upton at 09:30 and a combination of some tarmac, though mostly trail and field. You'll struggle to find a more inspiring location and route in the Bristol area for a cross-country run! Hills a-plenty to make it all the more enjoyable.

Here's a link to the website: http://www.hogweedmuggles.co.uk/ and a little peak at the 15 mile route, which largely encompasses the 5 and 10 mile routes as well: http://js.mapmyfitness.com/embed/blogview.html?r=59c7f445aea80b58ed2c415f7508ebf0&u=e&t=run

30/09/2012 at 21:05

Hi Bruce, I am signed up for this, looks a cracker!  Quick query, on the major are there just 2 water stops and are these in the same place at the start and finish of the loop at the top of the course?  I am guessing water is in cups??  Looking forward to this though, whatever the answer, just will carry fluid if needs be.

01/10/2012 at 22:34

Hi Woo Boy- 2 water stops on the Major(15 mile) route. 1 is in the village of Tresham outbound and the other just north of Monument Farm, where the races crosses the Hawkesbury to Hillesley Road. The positioning is such that each route will benefit from at least 1 of the water stations. The water will be in cups(no saucers sadly) and jelly babies will be provided too- what a life!

glad you're looking forward to the race, it is a splendid event in beautiful countryside- have a great race!

03/10/2012 at 12:10

Looking forward to it Bruce, It was a real treat last year.

03/10/2012 at 12:51

Excellent race. Did it last year. Sorry I cannot make it this year.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.