Humber Bridge Half-Marathon

1 to 20 of 239 messages
07/03/2006 at 14:17
i know its early but ive just entered this one , and could do with some feed back from last years runners
14/03/2006 at 09:23
ran this race last year-and it was hot,hilly and hard-redcar it aint!It was over 80 last year made worse by the 11am start. i finished 324 out of 887 in a time of 2.07.01(just done redcar in 1.53). there is a killer hill at mile 8-9 and the return over the bridge just goes on for ever. last year was like a war zone over the bridge with people collapsing all around-there was a distinct lack of water in the latter stages also. the run over the bridge, at least the first time, is amazing and the start/finish is in a country park-enjoy
14/03/2006 at 14:39
gazzam-
i take it your not going to do it this year
14/03/2006 at 15:50
are you kidding? i'm still having nightmares after last years 2.07. hope i didn't come across as too negative in earlier posting- as a one off it was only the heat that stopped it being really enjoyable
14/03/2006 at 16:35
gazzman-
well iam going to give it a try ,at the redcar race yesterday someone fell down the road works , so these things are here to test us
20/03/2006 at 20:55
I have just finished my first 1/2M (Stafford) in 1:58....would this be too much/hard for my third do you think? Will be hopefully doing the Uttoxeter 1/2M in May
20/03/2006 at 21:01
steven-
no steve i don,t think it would be to much for you , a half a month is plenty off time for recovery in between
22/03/2006 at 16:02
This may be my first half, I suppose it'll get easier after thsi one then?

BTW, is the 10k 3 weeks before any kop?
23/03/2006 at 13:33
The start is a little earlier this year and last year the weather was unusually hot. Unlikley to be quite the same temp again this year.

Running accross the bridge makes up for the pain of the hills. As long as you are pepared (as you should be for amy race) and acceppt its no a PB course you should enjoy it. All runners enjoy a challenge..don't they?
23/03/2006 at 16:33
never done it before so iam doing it because its a change hills dont bother me two much as long as its not a hill from hell
27/03/2006 at 17:32
anyone know bout parking at the event? is it possible to be close to the start and finish at same time. any suggestions greatly appreciated.... travelling up from coventry the same morning.... am i mad.
13/04/2006 at 22:47
Hi all, a ran this one last year and have to say that it was by far the hardest one i ran out of 4.The heat was a nightmare and the 1 mile hill was a real tester. The Lack of water points and the large number of people lying on the ground with first aid people around them was a real eye opener.I completed the last 1.5 miles in 40 minutes just to make sure that i finished. Will i be running this one again this year????????????????? YOU BET I WILL. It is well worth the effort. Parking last year was ok as i managed to park very close. See you all there and now just the small matter of my local Sheffield Half to do on May 14th as a warm up.
14/04/2006 at 11:43
well first well done in getting round last year cybor,
i dare say the marshalls will off got abit off a shock and maybe have more water this time round , i myself have not done this one before and wont to have a go at it
14/04/2006 at 14:50
this will be my first of three halves this year.... not sure im looking forward to it, tho apparently the scenery is good. dont think i will be going for a time..... just survival lol.
15/04/2006 at 22:08
Last year we ran through a little village called Barton on Humber ( i think ) where the support was fantastic, even had people outside their houses with the hose pipes cooling us down. I don't know what it is but there seems to be something special when running over the Humber bridge, maybe the sight of " All that COOL WATER " may have something to do with it. If you are undecided as to running this or not i will say only this " If you only run 1 or 2 this year MAKE SURE THIS IS ONE " You will be some proud of yourself where you complete it and get the t-shirt ( as well as the medal ) which you will wear with pride.
GO FOR IT and ENJOY IT. See you all there....
15/04/2006 at 22:16
And don't forget, it's the bridges 25th Anniversary this year so it's that little bit more special.
16/04/2006 at 03:39
you lads should be selling double glazing
16/04/2006 at 21:12
hahaha

I'm doing this one... I expect running across the bridge will be a highlight of my running career to date... unless I collapse on the hill and have to be ferried over by ambulance...
16/04/2006 at 22:16
Make sure you collapse on the South side, you don't want any of my lot coming for you!!!! ;o)
17/04/2006 at 09:59
We are looking forward to seeing you all this year. We have an extra water station (but last year was exceptional)and a slightly earlier start to help things along. Log on to the website to get details of the route and the position of the water stations, car parking etc. It will be updated if anything changes.
Entries are coming in nicely, you'll get a special medal commemorating the Bridge's 25th anniversary. Should be fun - mind you I don't run - I'm just one of the organisers. See you!
1 to 20 of 239 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.