In between Marathons

Running Brighton & London how to recover

21 to 25 of 25 messages
16/04/2013 at 09:06

Tim, I did Brighton and got a pb but will be taking London much slower ('cos I'm doing something very silly!) and just enjoying the atmosphere.  

You've had all the necessary advice already but I'll just add a bit of my own.  I really wouldn't try immodium out on race day if you've never used it before - as Muzza says, it could well have been your diet or even energy drinks that caused the toilet troubles.  This week you need protein to help repair muscle damage but then later in the week a few more carbs.  

I won't be doing much during the week as London marks the start of a 111 day running streak that I'm doing so I'll just have a little pootle on Wednesday to stretch my legs but other than that, just walking.  I think walking is excellent for stretching out your legs and getting rid of stiffness.

I've done marathons on consecutive weekends on several occasions and if an old biddy like me can manage it then I'm sure you'll be fine (but I am a plodder, not a speedy person)!  Good luck and please say hello if you spot me en-route 

All IMHO before anybody shouts at me!!!

19/04/2013 at 06:31
Thanks guys and well done Redhead you sound like another pro and well done on your PB!! Only really got into running in the last year or so but loving the freedom to just run and added fitness that it is bringing. Will join a running club soon as well to improve everything I do (hopefully). Race number collected yesterday, Physio seen and now rest, drink and eating!! Good luck one and all for London whatever your ability and don't forget to put on your ribon in respect for Boston!!
22/04/2013 at 06:53
London done and a truly world class atmosphere from the support which was amazing and relentlessly loud!! Loved it and pleased to complete the two in a week now to join a running club to improve my fitness and times..think this coming Sunday won't be a marathon distance but hopefully a couple of runs this week. Thanks for all the support and advice everyone and proof I do need to train harder however pleased to complete with limited training and 15 mins quicker!!
22/04/2013 at 10:10

Well done Tim.

23/04/2013 at 08:40
Well done Tim!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.