Indian Queens Half-Marathon

11 messages
01/07/2013 at 13:21

Looking forward to doing this as will be down in Cornwall on holiday that weekend. Race information says approximately 6 miles on trails. Any of these likely to be muddy or will road shoes be OK?

01/07/2013 at 20:49

PeteS,road shoes will be fine.The course is relatively flat for cornwall,the trail 3mile section is covered twice out and back.

02/07/2013 at 08:03

Thanks for the advice, Kessman. I'll make sure I pack the Fast Witches then.

"Flat" and "Cornwall" - there's two words not usually found together in my experience of running in the SW so far!

02/07/2013 at 17:32

I've done this only once, a few years ago, and my memories are of beautiful scenery ..and challenging HILLS! Perhaps they've rerouted it, or perhaps my memory is selective, but I wouldn't have called the run I did there relatively flat ! Saying that, it WAS very pretty and I was not put off doing it again, if I was in the area again.

02/07/2013 at 19:28

The Queens course was changed 3 years ago,to make use of the gossmoor trail.

The original Queens course was indeed very challenging with proper Cornish hills.

Pete S,keep a look out for the wild life along the trail  ???  

03/07/2013 at 13:34
Kessman wrote (see)

The Queens course was changed 3 years ago,to make use of the gossmoor trail.

The original Queens course was indeed very challenging with proper Cornish hills.

Pete S,keep a look out for the wild life along the trail  ???  

Don't mind a few hills myself - all my training is hilly and I do the odd fell race now and again. Will relish running on the flat though with the possibility of a PB. Also, looking forward to seeing the "wildlife" - hope they don't attack the brass band!

All sounds like a grand morning out.

Edited: 03/07/2013 at 13:34
04/07/2013 at 19:40

Looking forward to this. I entered on a whine seeing it is on when I am visiting the in laws. This could be the first time I have gone to Cornwall hoping for cool weather, it's getting a bit sweaty.

12/07/2013 at 15:20

Would this run be suitable for half marathon newbies, as my daughter and I are thinking of  joining. Currently able to run 6 miles although currently increasing distance weekly. We may still need to walk parts of the course and would hate to feel that we were hindering anyone.

14/07/2013 at 12:21

hi sue not done this one before so cant really say but most races tend to have a wide range of abilities. I find looking at last years results will give you a good idea of what sort of runner the event usually attracts. good luck if you do it

15/07/2013 at 21:02

I'm in and looking forward to a PB.......Hopefully!!

23/07/2013 at 22:21

Thanks Pete. Hope you do well too.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
11 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.