Insane Terrain Running

Extreme events

6 messages
06/10/2012 at 16:15

Im quite new to running and although I enjoy it, I want to keep it interesting. A friend of mine suggested to do an off road event. Ive searched online and come accross this company called Insane Terrain Running. Has anyone done any of there events or heard about them? I think they are new but not sure. It looks cool but I wasnt sure if I would be fit enough for this type of event?

There website is www.insaneterrainrunning.com if anyone has any advice, i'd much appreciate it! 

07/10/2012 at 00:23

Two words:

RIP OFF!

Off road running is great, but not this sort of racket. Find a club organised cross country, trail or fell race. Knowledgeable, friendly volunteers, aimed to please runners nor sponsors, and no obscene profiteering in sight.

07/10/2012 at 09:50
Thanks! I'll look into it. I kind of like the idea of a doing a mass organised race though, and everyone loves a t shirt at the end? I went to watch my friend run a race organised by a similar company and the atmosphere was great. They clearly had invested some of the money they make into making the race brilliant. Can a club run really be as good as an organised event like this one?
07/10/2012 at 13:34
Does everyone love a t shirt at the end? Not from the people I have spoken to.

I have done quite a few Club organised races over the past few years and would wholly recommend them. Very well organised and great value.
I am not a member of a club by the way.
07/10/2012 at 14:15
Club races are far better, and I've got loads of t shirts I've paid for and never worn
08/10/2012 at 10:25

The atmosphere at most club races is good, friendly and open. And you don't have to suffer through a stupid, inappropriate,  mass warm up.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.