Inskip Derby Arms Half Marathon

is this new?

1 to 20 of 292 messages
08/11/2011 at 15:08

Any info about this would be appreciated.

I`m doing the one at Catforth a couple of weeks before but this would be a good back-up if I don`t get a good time there. Or would it?

08/11/2011 at 17:02

Yes this is a new new race and it is myself organising the event due to so many people that mist out on helsby and the brass monkeys.

The course is flat with 3 slight climbs in it which rise 5 to 6 metres over a1/4 mile and are well apart so to me a pb course.

If anyone fancies a recci on sunday morning and has a good GPS and would be willing to put it on this site we are setting of at 9.30am from the Derby arms pub which is the start of the race. If you need any more info give me a call on 07851412354 cheers Alan T.

09/11/2011 at 18:05
Quite fancy this as it is on my birthday.  Will there be an on-line entry option?
09/11/2011 at 18:38

Hi  tortoise at the moment runners world are just opening it up to online so is ukresults but running diary are up and running ahead of everyone and  www.shoestringresults.com should be up and running tonight.

How old are you and I'll give you your number to go with your age. But dont forget I only have 300 numbers HaHa.

09/11/2011 at 19:59
Very interested in this , was thinking about the one on the 2nd january in the same area. This gives me a bit longer to recover after the Christmas binge . I think this will sell out very quickly , Alan would you be able to increase the number of entries above 300 if there is demand ?
09/11/2011 at 21:12

Yes as we just need to up our numbers on the public liability insurance and with this being the first run then I would just like to put on a good event and let it get bigger on its own without the pressure. Thats why the closeing date is the 8th jan so we can decide to extend and get the logistics right so hopefully everyone goes away happy.

Hope that answers your question steve.

09/11/2011 at 21:29
Thanks for this I will definitely enter tomorrow . My name is carol Hart and I will be 51 ( but don't tell anyone )
09/11/2011 at 21:39
Your secrets safe with me and a few thousand other runners be good to see you there I'll look out for you at registration I've got your number cheers Alan T.
09/11/2011 at 22:31
I'll sign up after tomorrows club night , hope I can rope a few others into doing it Alan forgot about all the hassle you get when organising a running event . This will fit in well with my target of doing the Liverpool half then the Manchester marathon.
09/11/2011 at 23:45
Alan Would be Very interested in entering this one as its only a couple of miles from home. Where can I get some details ? Nothing on shoestring site, and runners world one is subscriber only.
10/11/2011 at 09:21
Hi sprint www.runningdiary.co.uk and www.ukresults.co.uk should be there you must be close to me then cheers AlanT.
10/11/2011 at 10:18

Thanks for all the info alan. I might sign up after Catforth. Also will let me b-i-l know about this!

10/11/2011 at 13:26
I have now entered this for both myself and my other half.  really looking forward to it and will make me get out and train over Christmas.
10/11/2011 at 21:44
Great stuff as I put on an earlier reply I am running the course on sunday at 9.30am so any of you want a recci fell free to join me no matter what your pace is the more the better and can have a drink in the pub after
10/11/2011 at 21:47
Would love to but it`s a bit far from Sheffield! Have fun!
11/11/2011 at 17:15
It is a bit far for a training run but never mind hope to see you in jan or if you do any other races over this way let me know hope your training goes well over the xmass period cheers Alan T.
13/11/2011 at 12:32
Just been out with a few Garmin runners and one of them is a techno garmin whizz  and said that he will put the data on here later for you all to see happy browsing.
13/11/2011 at 18:58

Would love to have joijned you but had  cross country today.  Looking forward to seeing the data.

14/11/2011 at 00:33

hi there,

Can anyone tell me if ipods/music players are allowed for this race?

best wishes. x

14/11/2011 at 11:48

No they are not allowed as you are on open roads and need to be able to here traffic and the instructions of the marshalls as there are to junctions that you must cross and be able to here the marshalls and you should be listening to your body not music hope this does not put you of as it is a great course to run cheers Alan T.

1 to 20 of 292 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.