INSKIP HALF MARATHON

21 to 40 of 78 messages
16/12/2012 at 09:08
You must be local then. It all depends what you want out of running if you want to get your times down and work hard answer is yes. If you want a good social life the answer is yes. If you want about 15 free races a year then the answer is yes. If you like to travel then the answer is yes. If you answer no to those then you know the answer.
17/12/2012 at 16:27
If anyone would like to enter this race I will be at the rudolph race at blackpool on sunday so you can save a bit of cash. I'll be at the fire station early so just ask for me and someone will point me out.
Pethead    pirate
17/12/2012 at 20:50

How flat is the course? I've entered and I'm hoping to go reasonably fast, but I've never run this race (or indeed anywhere in Preston) before. Thanks!

17/12/2012 at 21:46
Hi Pethead.
The course is not flat flat but the very small climbs which there are six are about 30 feet in half to three quaters of a mile so not hard but they just keep your legs awake. If you try and find the last thread from this years race there is garmin data. I've ran it with a group of slower runners and did it in 1.37 and the course record is 1.15 but that was with a 9 mile 38 mph head wind and he was on his own all the way round hope this helps all the best Alan T.
Edited: 17/12/2012 at 21:47
17/12/2012 at 22:39
Hi pethead go on to followed threads at top of page look for inskip half and garmin data is on the second page of thread under richard jones.
19/12/2012 at 22:46
Hi just an entry update 230 to date so looking good.
28/12/2012 at 10:56
Hi to all of you hope you all had a great xmas. Iff possible for those who have entered with runners world could you please let me know by email what food you would like after the race its either meat or veg hotpot cheers cheers Alan T.
02/01/2013 at 14:18
Just signed up for this , it took a couple of goes on line but am in !
Looking forward to it as its my first road race since the liverpool marathon (4:32) am hoping for sub 2 hours !
03/01/2013 at 09:06
Happy new year one and all hope you are all feeling fit and ready for the 20th I hope the weather is good to you all and you get your first PB of the year. If possible could you please car share and please dont leave to soon as you never now you might just win a prize see you soon Alan T.
04/01/2013 at 12:46

Hi Alan, really looking forward to the race. It is my 1st half marathon and hoping for sub 2 hours even if it is 1:59:59. Are we allowed ipods on the race? Some races havent allowed them. I hope so as it helps me get round!

All the best

Matt

Pethead    pirate
04/01/2013 at 13:48

Yeah, I imagine the adrenaline boost when you go round a bend and narrowly avoid going under a car that you didn't hear coming due to being in iPod land really gets you going!

06/01/2013 at 01:11
What a dick pethead. 1000's of runners run with their iPod
07/01/2013 at 11:58

They allowed ipods at the Central Lancs Half yesterday though the race referee did ask they be kept at a level that allowed hearing a marsall and traffic.

Don't run with one myself but never had an issue with anyone wearing one in a race.

08/01/2013 at 10:16
Just a little reminder that entries close on thursday 10th jan at 6pm and we are at 320. Please if you have entered through runners world can you email me with a food preference or i will just order the veg option for all. If possible please car share and when parking listen to the stewards they are there to help. I will send final instuctions to all online entries after the final closing date hope all your training has gone well and see you all on the 20th all the best Alan T.
10/01/2013 at 19:01
Hi to everyone you may of heard on the new that we are to be hit with bad weather for the next 3 weeks. I would like to ask you all to cross fingers-toes and what ever else you can think of. I wont cancel the event unless I am advised to by the police an I will cancel in enough time just incase people have accomadation booked but lets hope we dont need to keep your eyes on your emails and on runners world all the best Alan T.
11/01/2013 at 07:52

Fingers crossed!

When they cancelled the Central Lancs half a few years ago, and having driven round parts of the course that was the only decision, I ended up going for a pleasant run down the ribbleway from Penowrtham Bridge to Dolphin Pub (6 miles there and 6 back for a good 12 miles). The run is pretty much on tracks and moss so a perfect run when it is too icy for running on the paths/roads. So if it is frozen at the weekend it is a route for people to consider. There is parking at the Dolphin and on Broadgate so it is easy to park up and run from either end.

16/01/2013 at 23:09

I know the online entry has closed, but is there any room left for 1 more runner??? I took part last year, so I'm hoping to improve on last years time, and it's also a good training run for Manchester marathon in April.

Thanks

18/01/2013 at 09:14

Any updates on "weather" the race will go ahead ? Really looking forward to my hotpot.

18/01/2013 at 12:58
I emailed the race director and he said he would make a decision tonight and put it out on email/forum/Facebook etc. fingers crossed it can still go ahead as I have been looking forward to this one
18/01/2013 at 13:16
Its still on so far but watch this space.Anthony are you local if so a runner has just pulled out if you get a form to me by 6pm tonight with entry fee I will put you in as we wont do on the day entries.
21 to 40 of 78 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.