insurance

new york marathon and others

6 messages
30/12/2009 at 16:30

Hi  How do you get insurance for overseas events I have asked a few companies but they say they will not do competive events  I am 65  and would love to do some events abroad, any leads or ideas or do you not bother.    Bill

30/12/2009 at 17:40

Hi Bill,

I did the NY marathon this year with 2:09 events. They arranged the insurance which also covered you if you were injured in the run up to the event which I couldn't get cover for elsewhere.

Tricia

JPenno    pirate
30/12/2009 at 17:48
Boots travel insurance covers (or did when I took mine out) organised marathons
30/12/2009 at 22:13

The travel insurance i have 'free' with my Lloyd's platinum account covers overseas marathon running and I have a letter off them confirming it. They cover (as they call it) 'fun running' but not 'competitive' running (i.e. as an elite). I had a full conversation with them about their understanding of what I would be doing when I ran NYC and they sent me a letter to confirm I was covered.

Edited: 30/12/2009 at 22:13
30/12/2009 at 22:22
Have a look at Dogtag.  They provided cover for an Ironman so a marathon shouldn't be a problem
31/12/2009 at 18:43

Bill - In my opinion, you really need insurance if you are going to run in the US. Medical care is not cheap over there!

I have used  InsureandGo who include marathon running in their standard cover without any problems.

SB

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.