Inverness

7 messages
15/04/2010 at 10:49
Very basic really- the Inverness Marathon, just how bad is the hill?
15/04/2010 at 11:30
Can't find anything other than "Loch Ness Marathon" or "Inverness Half Marathon".  Does the Inverness Marathon have a web site?
15/04/2010 at 11:56

M-J , you must mean the "Loch Ness Marathon" ? Right ? If you do,  the hill at 19 miles ( just outside the village of Dores) is a decent climb and one of the steepest I've encountered in a road marathon. There may be tougher climbs in something like the Snowdonia Marathon. Anyway it is steep and quite long and comes at a point in the race when you may be  begining to feel tired anyway.

There are some steep downhills earlier in the race that are a bit "quad sapping" . But overall it is a great race,  fantastic scenery and I'd recommend it

15/04/2010 at 16:07
Echo the above. Profile not as bad as the Hogweed Hilly methinks. It's a cracking race and if paced properly you'll enjoy. It's not breathstopping, knee trembling, snail walking painful but is a tad awkward Loc
Profile here
http://www.marathonguide.com/coursemaps/elevationchart.cfm?MIDD=1803061001
15/04/2010 at 22:25
It's just very long. Loads of people, including me, PB though. Plus it's truly beautiful course.
16/04/2010 at 10:41
It's not too bad really, and there are a couple of plateaus in it for recovery.  Just head down and plod on in the knowledge that after 21 miles, it's downhill all the way.
18/04/2010 at 15:03
thanks for all your replies- very heplful and it's given me something to think about!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.