Ironbridge Half Marathon

Route

5 messages
14/01/2013 at 16:48
Hello, this will be my first half marathon. Does anyone know where I can find out what the route is? Have seen a couple of maps but they were too small to see the actual road names. Thanks
15/01/2013 at 11:02

Hello Rachel

I only have access to small maps too but I have managed to work out most of the route accurately apart from which exact path it takes though Telford Park. I could email you full details about the route and the terrain if you like as I have cycled round the route recently.

It is also my first Half Marathon. Cheers R

16/01/2013 at 16:53

I am thinking of entering this, whats it like have u worked it out from the route that u have cycled?

26/01/2013 at 19:43

Hi, it's featured this month at the back of runners world...my first for this one too, the hill isn't too bad, just long ish but not terribly steep.

28/01/2013 at 20:22
This is the 3rd year I will have run this, I have done loads of half maras and this remains one of the toughest !
It's very rewarding and "that hill" is that bad but don't let one part ruin the rest.
You will love it, trust me !

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.