Is Race Director Stephen Burt is in R W House???

or Kit 0fficer Marion Gilbert maybe she may help me.

61 to 65 of 65 messages
04/02/2013 at 18:13

Here are the comments from the Race Director:

The race has been a popular feature on the County race calendar for some years and has enjoyed some really positive feedback from those taking part. Indeed, the race has featured in Runners World’s list of top ten 10ks in the country for the last three years and so it is a bit disappointing to read a couple of negative reviews about the race on Runners World. The points raised will be thoroughly investigated and we will address any issues that arise as a consequence. Two areas of concern have been expressed – the parking and the start. The parking issue is largely beyond our control and all we can do is to try and accommodate as many people as we can with convenient parking facilities. As you may know, traditionally, the parking has always been on the sports field but because of recent poor weather we could not use the grounds. We managed to secure spaces for a further 300 cars at the Brakes offices – just a 10 minute walk from the race HQ – and, contrary to a comment made on the Runners World site, car parking directional signs were in place for all roads leading to the race – and you would have had to pass a Car Park sign to arrive at the race headquarters. The other comments are about the start and the fact that the start was called early – this certainly wasn’t an intentional act and we believe that if the start was called early then it was probably a matter of a minute or so rather than the reported several minutes. That said we are investigating this, will retrieve the start time and report back to those who have raised the issue with us.

Apart from those issues raised on Runners World, all other comments and emails received have been positive – and we are grateful to those who take the trouble to acknowledge the contribution to the race’s success by the marshals and support team. We do welcome any feedback on the race or its organisation and you can email us with any comments you may have

04/02/2013 at 18:14

Sorry wrong race.

04/02/2013 at 18:16
Karen Samuel wrote (see)

Sorry wrong race.

You just hate all race directors ?

04/02/2013 at 18:51

I love Race Directors and Marshals.

I like to Thank Karl Race Director and his thousands of Marshals who supported me during their race when it snowed.  It took me more than 15 mins a mile  Every single Marshals were just fabulous, and they gave me lots of words of encouragement.

It took me one whole week to thaw out

kittenkat    pirate
04/02/2013 at 18:57

And they love you Karen!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
61 to 65 of 65 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.