Jog Shop Jog 20

41 to 48 of 48 messages
11/10/2009 at 19:58
Birdypie - I was lovely to meet you if only at the start. I DNF as I got lost before the cut off bit at 9.5 miles and the I went the short route but pulled out at 11.5 miles as I had an offer of a lift and a change of getting us and the caravan home before dark.  My legs were ok but did not want to finish after everyone went home.
12/10/2009 at 08:41

Oh no Tracey?! Sounds like you had a bit of an adventure? Hope you are in one piece? Bec and G had to pull out as well as G pulled a muscle. They ended up walking all the way back to the start line. Not very happy bunnies.

It seemed a much smaller field to me than usual and a lot quicker as well. I am in bits today...rest now ahead of beachy!

12/10/2009 at 09:07
Sorry to hear that Tracey, you did better than me I didn't make it to the start, I took the sensible decision not to run.  The weather looked OK for it too
12/10/2009 at 09:09
Birdypie - I kept looking back on the yellow brick road as I wondered why they had stopped and then saw them going up it. I thought I was going the wrong way at first. I didn't mind the North face, the first part of the 'W' was hard, more because it was long. Next time I must run down the concrete hill faster, was worried this time of falling over. I will be back in the next couple of years as my hubby does shift work and we don't know what weekends he has off past the end of February.
14/10/2009 at 08:03

Results and photos are now on line; they're on the Jog Shop Jog and the Digimoments websites respectively. The winner set a new course record.

Cheers - Raymond H

14/10/2009 at 09:55

Oops it wasn't a new course record but it was very close.

Cheers - Raymond H

14/10/2009 at 10:32
I got a new course record Raymond!
14/10/2009 at 10:47

Good for you Birdypie. I got a PW but enjoyed myself hugely; went for tea in the Roedean cafe afterwards, walked back home over the downs with partner and daughter, and then cooked roast pork dinner for family and grandparents...great Sunday.

Cheers - Raymond

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 48 of 48 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.