John Austin Half Marathon 2013, Brockenhurst

3 messages
30/11/2012 at 11:47

Fancy doing this one as I enjoy trails and have friends in Brockenhurst so fairly familiar with the area. Anyone out there with any opinions on the race?

Also, does anyone know where I can get access to the course/route map . . . the link on the event's webpage doesn't seem to be working?

Cheers.

M.r Zuvai    pirate
30/11/2012 at 12:01

Its a cracking race strangely - you'll love it

not really a pb course as there are some boggy sections around mile 7/8 that can slow you up, and there is an annoying rail bridge with steps right at the finish which is awkward but the rest of the course is a real stunner

easily one of my favourite races

30/11/2012 at 13:22

Thanks, M.r Z . . . . sounds good.  I'm quite used to Half Marathons with no PB potential (my 3 local halves are The Surrey Badger, Leith Hill Half and The Midsummer Munro). Love running off road as a pleasant (no pressure) change from road races, and I know that some of the trails around Brockenhurst are stunning.

Curious to see the route though . . . Any idea where I can get a route map from?

Thanks again.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.