Junior 3K

Age restrictions?

3 messages
05/05/2010 at 12:28
I'll try here - Does anyone know if there is an age restriction on the 3k for this race please? The website suggests it might be 11-16. My children want to enter (aged 5 and 7) with Mum and Dad running with them. We did this for the Reading Greenpark Challenge and all enjoyed it. I tried emailing the race organisers but haven't heard back. Thanks in advance.
05/05/2010 at 14:18
Looks as if there is an age restriction on the 10K but says mnothing for thhe 3k so i would say your kids are fine to enter. My 3yr old enters 'little' races and there nevver seems to be an age restriction on them.
06/05/2010 at 16:50

Hi So slow,

Many thanks for the reply. However, I have now heard from the organisers. Disappointing, but never mind.

Apologies for the delay in replying We have a minimum age of 11 to comply with British Athletic Federation rules, and also as requirement of our event insurance. We are also mindful that road running ( i.e on a hard surface) on public roads during delicate developmental age can cause problems in later life - probably this is why BAF set a lower age limit. Sorry to disappoint

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.