Kent Coastal Half-Marathon

Nice day out at the seaside

241 to 246 of 246 messages
PSC    pirate
08/09/2006 at 14:32
and, should have added, best of luck to both of you with your respective marathons....
08/09/2006 at 14:42
Blimey, more than a hint of similarity there. I ran the Finchley 20 earlier in the year as a " training run " in 2:19:30, Cranleigh 21 in 2:27 ish and the Worthing 20 the week after Cranleigh in 2:21. I ran several other training runs between 18 and 20 miles at 7 mins to 7:30 mins pace and ended up in London with 3:13, having vainly started looking for sub 3:00. My consolation was that it still got me a GFA place for 2007. I really do need to try to run the longer runs at that slower pace, but I seem to find it as difficult to run below my " natural " pace as I do to run above it. I still have a tendancy to race my watch if there is no one else to race - sad or what? I sincerely trust that you'll get the times you need, but I'd also like to bet that you will on your current form.
08/09/2006 at 16:29
A baptism of fire if ever there was one Pit Stop Crew. Well done and best wishes for many more to come, with PB's to be accumulated on the way. Many thanks for your kind wishes re Abingdon - much appreciated.

TAFKATAFKAPB5 - I think that you run with the Serpies. Do you do their long Sunday runs in Richmond Park ? I sometimes go up to Richmond ( I live in Camberley, so straight up the M3 )to do 2 or 3 laps of the park as a variation on my usual long runs, but on those days I'm running as a member of the Billy No Mates Running Club on my todd. Do I have to join the Serpies as a second claim club to join in on those long runs ?

10/09/2006 at 17:51
hi everyone, did my first 20 mile today in prep for amsterdam in richmond park, it was tough and i ache now, but glad i got it done, has anyone bought pics from last sunday yet ?
10/09/2006 at 21:22
I haven't quite got the originals yet. I've ordered them having seen the black and white proofs supplied through the post by Ralph Hoult ( the photographer ). The proofs are excellent, as is the service provided by the Hoults. I phoned them and gave my running number. They checked their photograps of the event ( over 700 )and sent B & W proofs as mentioned. They are really helpful friendly people - wholly consistent with everything about the event and its organisers. Even though it's a bit of a schlep from where I live I'm thinking of signing up for the 10 in December on the strength of my good experience in the half. Well done Mr p on the Richmond Park 20. Three circuits of the park is tough. I did it several times pre FLM. Did 20 myself today as well pre Abingdon, tracks and trails over Yateley Common, Minley Woods and the Basingstoke Canal around Fleet. Tough, but like you glad I did it.
12/09/2006 at 12:34
Tracey G - thanks for the pics. Glad Kierrah and Andre liked your prize!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
241 to 246 of 246 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.