Kings Wood Mountain Bike Duathlon 2.4K/12K/2.4K

9th March - going to be a great outing in the woods!

9 messages
PSC    pirate
20/01/2008 at 12:44

Roll up roll up .... anyone hard (or daft) enough to do an off road duathlon in the fantastic surroundings of one of Kents best ancient forests.

Not a huge field normally, so plenty of space to slide about on the tracks

PSC    pirate
29/01/2008 at 20:11
......... I'm quite happy to do this on my own then   I might win
30/01/2008 at 09:30

Not if you fall off and don't finish

PSC    pirate
30/01/2008 at 12:21
LOL!  At the speed I will be going the risk of falling off is considerably lowered...........
15/02/2008 at 09:49
could anyone tell me if this is a good dual to start with ?? done a few 10k's & im quite a keen mountain biker !!
PSC    pirate
15/02/2008 at 10:04

I suppose it depends what you are after.... it's relatively short and great fun.  The conditions will vary depending on the weather - it's all off road.  Ashford Tri is a small friendly club and everyone who competed last year had a blast doing it.  It's an early start so doesn't bu99er up the whole weekend!  With your pedigree I would say you will fit in perfectly!  And if you can swim we might also try to recruit you

See you in the car park!

15/02/2008 at 10:35
cheers for the info, does sounds good fun, i will be entering. can you tell me if i can enter online or do i have to fill in the form & send it off ?? oh & do you know the address of the event?? cheers rob
PSC    pirate
15/02/2008 at 10:51

Rob, you can enter on line via here, or download a form from the Ashford Tri Club site - Entry Form

Kings Wood is SE of Challock (between Ashford/Canterbury)... If you search on multimap for Challock you will see White Lane (I think) a few miles SE of the village.  The car park/Start/Finish is a mile or so down that lane.  I can always give better directions nearer to the time.

Good one!

PSC    pirate
15/02/2008 at 10:52
Sorry, you can not enter on line so scratch that.  The link to the entry form should work though...

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.