KRUF 10k

9 messages
08/09/2002 at 18:53
Lovely day!
Survived and did a PB, by 16 seconds!!
Even my dad has stopped saying he could walk quicker, and offered to sponsor me.
It was great seeing the tiny kiddies doing the 2k fun run and finishing in the Millenium stadium
Well done Cardiff, now organise your marathon(rant only cos the local papre have refused to take any more leters on the subject, after publishing all of 3)
09/09/2002 at 07:57
I ran because I was in the area for a 1st birthday party and I am really glad I did.... finishing in the Millenium Stadium was a fantastic touch... I can almost imagine myself being some kind of sportsman (and then I woke this morning feeling like a geriatric!!)A new PB of under 45 minutes was a great bonus!
09/09/2002 at 08:56
What a race! Well organised, good route, plenty of marshalls and the best finish in the world. I just wished I had a ball in my hands as I ran up the tunnel. Oh yeah, and a PB by 24 seconds.
09/09/2002 at 09:02
Does anyone know if there is anywhere we can look at the full results?
09/09/2002 at 10:04
I think I heard the guy on the tannoy say that the results would be posted on a website. Don't know where but they aren't on the KRUF site yet.

Rae
09/09/2002 at 13:35
My first ever 10K!
Feeling really pleased today (and a little sore) managed to run all the way.
Next time aiming to beat 1 hr 3 mins!
What a fab way to finish in the Stadium.
09/09/2002 at 14:17
Well done, all.
09/09/2002 at 15:06
Watched from a safe distance! Very nearly legged it back to my buddies house to try and get dosh to register.... Ended up running 5 miles instead (Oops!)
10/09/2002 at 10:19
THe 5th year on the trot I have done it and it is always the highlight of the year.
Only criticism is that the advertised changing rooms were all locked up so had to change in the street and afterwards had to drive back to Bristol in a very sweaty vest.
Unfortunately the organisers cannot control the suppliers of external services and it will not prevent me, god willing, from being there next year. Always a tremendous spirit and excellent support from runners and spectators. And as an aside how can Bristol expect to compete with such a wonderful place as City of Culture in 2008.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.