Lake Vyrnwy HALF MARATHON IS BACK

Wewt !

81 to 100 of 119 messages
02/09/2009 at 21:37
Looking forward to it! Only just remembered that it`s a 1pm start.
08/09/2009 at 22:47

OK folks I'm tapering but just wondering if I can get away with NOTHING between now & Sunday ?

Anyone make a stab at forecasting the weather ??  

09/09/2009 at 06:33

Tapering!  i'm just getting back into training after injury.  My tapering will begin Saturday.

I believe the weather should be dry, with normal temperatures for the time of year, but things will probably change by Sunday.

Good luck everyone who's running.

09/09/2009 at 10:28
Camlo - I hope so. I`ve got some PF at the mo, seeing the physio tomorrow and haven`t run since last Wednesday! Still fully intend to run the lake!
09/09/2009 at 15:48

Trust you have already checked your details are correct (subject to the handful of changes I had phoned through from teh organiser last night which aren't on site yet)

www.ukresults.net/2009/vyrnwy.html

Let me know if anything needs tweaking! Otherwise, see you there!!

09/09/2009 at 16:08

Hi,

See I am down as unattached, I am with Oswestry Olympians, is it possible to change my details? My no is 955.

Thanks

09/09/2009 at 17:52

What`s the crack for number transfers? I know someone who can`t run and someone who wants to replace them.

10/09/2009 at 08:48
Weather? Sunny intervals and 17 dgrees!
11/09/2009 at 19:40

Tricia - I'll fix that for you but you're not with the bulk of OO entrants so you mustn't have out your club on the entry form - Margaret is very careful transcribing the information.

OO had a block of reserved numbers.

11/09/2009 at 19:43
Thankls for that. I am sure Margaret is correct. I think I might have entered about the time I became a member of OO.
12/09/2009 at 00:05
i have been asked to replace some one who has dropped out, in the past people have just re registered on the day, is this still acceptable? as i have now agreed to fill in.
13/09/2009 at 19:53
Just the best half no wonder it sells out so early every year well done all involved .Great Day
13/09/2009 at 20:39

It was a cracker too
13/09/2009 at 21:27

Just want to say a big thanks to the organisers. Wasn't able to run the race itself as I had my kids unexpectedly and my fella was entered too. However, the race organisers were very understanding and allowed me to run the route before the race and kindly gave me a goody bag and medal for my efforts. Much appreciated

14/09/2009 at 09:12
 What a great race
14/09/2009 at 09:20
As good as I remembered and Doug's memory/legacy in safe hands. Not the time I wanted (ran with son who was carrying an injury) but just the most enjoyable route. One small build for next year guys...Will you please flag the water stations in advance? Best medal yet. Thanks for a great day, well worth the three hour journey each way
14/09/2009 at 15:15
Enjoyed it but one of the worst `goody` bags and a shame we started so late. Standing out there in the sun for so long waiting was unfortunate. Found it tough going in the heat but pleased with my time.
14/09/2009 at 15:23

I loved the venue and thought it was well organised and for £15 I thought it was fantastic value. I got chatting to someone for almost the first 7 miles which was a great distraction.

The showers afterwards were a great plus - except I think the 'privacy' glass was misleading!  I couldn't see through it to the outside...but when I'd finished it was pointed out to me that everyone could see in.

14/09/2009 at 17:00
The showers we used in the men's were okay both sides, maybe it's different for girls £15 for a race, three lots of water, drinl at the end, pen, bar and goody bag seems like good value for me. Bag good for kit etc. and not loaded with loads of leaflets.  VFM in my book and actually unexpected. Son wasn't chuffed with his time but surprised to see he'd done well in his category. He'll defintely be back, if for no other reason than to improve on time before his category changes.
14/09/2009 at 20:23

I thought it was a great race too although I pushed myself a little too hard & spent the journey home & much of the evening vomitting!!

Agree with the 'goody' bag moan  -cereal bar alone would have been better than packaging it in a giant carrier bag & shame only the speedier runners got jelly babies & squash.  

Excellent venue -couldn't believe I was overtaken by the flower before we even got to the dam wall....

81 to 100 of 119 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.