Lake Vyrnwy Half Marathon

Race numbers

1 to 20 of 63 messages
15/07/2012 at 00:41

Hi

Has any one who has entered the Lake Vyrnwy half marathon this year received their race numbers yet??

We had to defer from last year and are getting worried that we might not have an entry into this years race

Thanks 

15/07/2012 at 14:36

No, not received anything yet.  Seem to think they send them out a week or so before.  Drop the RD an email - she's really helpful.

19/08/2012 at 19:01

Hi- anyone know if this is chip timed?

19/08/2012 at 20:01

early days yet for numbers,prob get them around beginning of september

JD don't think its chipped

19/08/2012 at 20:04

MM61- Cor, you get around, don't you!

20/08/2012 at 16:32

I am doing this for the first time this year and its only my 2nd HM  as far as I am aware its not chip timed.

Can anyone who usually does it give me any info about it?  I dont live in the area so anything you can tell me would be great  

I have heard, correct me if I am wrong  thats its a rather steady climb at the beginning for sometime upto the dam, then levels out from there?

Really looking forward to it and have heard its beautiful scenery

21/08/2012 at 09:13

Hi Booey

Just received number and race info in the post

22/08/2012 at 12:10

Hi Jason

Hopefully mine will follow very soon then

Have you done it before?  If so whats it like?

22/08/2012 at 19:19

Booey- It's all new to me too. From what I gather from those who've done it before it starts off uphill in first mile, then flat around the lake before a downhill finish. Supposed to be fast 

23/08/2012 at 11:14

Yaay my number came yesterday

Jason - thats exactly what I heard about it, so I just need to make sure I go off nice and slow and pace myself

Am hoping the weather is kind for us, fine but cool.  I really have a problem with running in heat  fingers crossed anyhow

24/08/2012 at 13:12

There is a small 'rise' at the start of the race - not too steep or troublesome, providing you don't go off too fast. After that, mild undulation & great scenery will get you round. Hopefully the weather won't be as hot as a few years back, which had runners keeling over at the side of the course. Also can't remember if there are water stations on the course, so might be prudent to carry your own supplies

All the best to everyone and have a good race 

24/08/2012 at 14:15

Craig- Thanks for that. Think the race leaflet says water every 3m

Booey- I have booked dull and overcast and about 12 degrees with a light wind

Looking forward to it now

24/08/2012 at 15:00

Jason - you beat me to it  I was just about to post that drink stations should be around every 3 miles   I did Silverstone HM back in March and it was a surprising very hot day and I seriously dont think I would have made it without the 4 drink stations

Your forecast sounds ideal, I second it

Craig - thanks for the info

Am hoping to get out this weekend and do a long run, its been a while  just to put my mind at rest that I can actually do it  haha

Have a lovely long weekend everyone

24/08/2012 at 21:27

Booey- good luck with the long run

I'm using this race as a tune up race for Chester mara in early October- so plenty of long runs so far!. Other tune up races are a local hilly (and long??) 10k this Sunday and the Swansea Bay 10k 2 weeks after Lake V

26/08/2012 at 18:36

Hi, Does anyone need a number for this race? My friends friend! has a number but is unable to do it. I think he wants some money for it but if you're interested drop me an email danandbexweston@hotmail.com. 
Thanks
Daniel.

27/08/2012 at 18:15
I 'm not doing it this year but it's a belter. Took a last minute number from a friend last year and had a good run. As said, slightly steady up for first crowded mile then over dam wall and flat , flat , flat! Very scenic. I paced it well although started too far back. Very gradually picked up to a fast finish (where there is a slight up too). Was close to PB despite going steady and being slowed in first mile. Enjoy!
28/08/2012 at 12:39

Didn't manage a LSR over the weekend, just a 6.2 Sat and a 5 on Monday, maybe do it this week if not am out of time  looking forward to it though

28/08/2012 at 12:56

Two numbers available here.  We've just not been able to do the training due to illness / injury.

johnbroom@aol.com

28/08/2012 at 13:00

Don't forget to contact the race organisors if you do obtain another number. In order to do a transfer.

28/08/2012 at 14:32

sorry all i forgot all about this thread

JD yes mate i get around did this 1st way back in 1995,done alot of them also done the marathon there in 2003

i still plan to do this but its only going to be a training run at best as i been out of action for 3months and only just upto 6 miles now

1 to 20 of 63 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.