Lake Vyrnwy half

21 to 40 of 47 messages
05/09/2002 at 16:25
LDB - I should be running in the forest in a couple of hours if my foot is ok (knackered it in the Ragleth fell race yesterday) I love running there, dodging the horses from North Farm. Yes, I will be at the Mortimer's Forest 10 on 15th December - come along. I'll post any interesting local runs if I see them, mostly concentrating on the cross country season now.

It will be great if you can make it to Vyrnwy. My Saturday pre race preparation will be at the Ludlow Food fair, cadging free samples and then sampling the real ale at the Nelson Beer Festival. Maybe that PB is not under threat after all. Never mind, its a good flat course for a gentle run.

I've got my number at last - 1013.

I've been trying to think of an obvious rendevous. I was a bit knackerd last year so no landmarks near the start/finish stick in the mind. The car parking is in various fields and Race HQ is in a community centre with changing, refreshments and the trade stall outside.

By the way, Shropshire Lad is brewed by a member of our club - maybe he'll give me a discount after this plug.

05/09/2002 at 16:35
Cheers Johnny. Dec 15th now in diary. Enjoy your run tonight. Me, I shall be running in farmland looking up to the Malverns.
Thanks for the Vyrnwy encouragement. I guess tho that there is always the chance that by the time I put in my last minute entry they may be full up. You will know my fate on Tuesday.
Have you been in Ludlow long?
The badger family has been there since 1978 - oh my goodness. (tho I was a school cub then) So I know it pretty well. Much misspent youth etc etc!! In fact talking of misspent youth, I'm still with Mr Badger who I met at Ludlow College many many moons ago. Two other couples from same year - still together,still dear friends. There is something special in the air there!
10/09/2002 at 13:46
LDB, it's Tuesday, so what's happening? Are you running on Sunday?
10/09/2002 at 13:59
Dear Fatface

You summoned me Sir?

Yippee/Oh dread .....Yes I am. Posted form yesterday after blissful blackberry fuelled 10 miler on Saturday.

Thanks for the encouragement. After you said that you hadn't done more than 9 since Jan I felt I had too really - being as I did partake of a 26.2 amble in April! So hopefully, those extra miles are stored somewhere in my legs. Shall be taking lots of lucozade and HIgh 5 gels to coax them out!!

See you there. I shall be wearing my URWRC vest and will be with a very tall blonde!!! I sahll be taking it easy and treating it as a training run for the GNR.

Is it a training run for your wedding night!!! (Huge congratulations to you and Mrs Fatface and all the furry rats and badgers by the way!)

See you there
LDB
10/09/2002 at 14:26
I cheated. I did 11 on Sunday. Sadly though, it is looking unlikely that Mrs FF will be running. I think she will be spectating though. Or cycling around the local roads for a couple of hours. Who's for a beer afterwards then?

Is everyone wearing their URWFRC vest? If not, what are your numbers?
10/09/2002 at 14:31
I'm number 67, Mrs Fat Face (if running) is 68.
10/09/2002 at 15:10
Fatface - that's not fair now, I've only done 10. You'll just have to do another mile up to the start line!

I shall be wearing my vest. Unfortunately have no outward signs of badgerness. Just ratty long brown hair which will be tied back and I may be wearing a white baseball cap with 'Fire trader' on it in pink writing.

I shall most likely be up for a drink afterwards. Am looking forward to it - looks wonderfully remote on the map.
OB
10/09/2002 at 16:40
I'm number 53 and will be wearing brand new club vest. Would like to do post run beer but will have to persuade the 2 non forum folk I'll be taking there and back.
10/09/2002 at 16:42
I might have one of those too. Bother these non-forum folk - what are we to do with them?
Mij
10/09/2002 at 17:20
Hi people - not running at Vyrnwy but I will definitely do the Mortimer Forest as I live just outside Ludlow.

Jonny do the Ludlow runners have any slow groups - I've been meaning to go to the leisure centre and meet them but a bit reluctant till I get some more weight off!

Good luck for the weekend
11/09/2002 at 00:20
Mij - yes! Come along (Thursdays 7pm) We have a range of runners of all ages and paces, you will be very welcome. (I won't be there this week, serious non training)

Oldbones, LDB et al. I'm still hoping to run on Sunday, although I've been a run free zone since injuring my foot in the Ragleth Inn fell race last Wednesday. Managed two miles with the pupils at school today with very little discomfort, so fingers crossed.

If I'm there the pint sounds good.
OB
11/09/2002 at 09:55
Hi folks, in another thread SY3 mentioned meeting in the school hall by the stage at 12.15 as he has to pick his number up at 12.00. I've looked on the race info and can only assume the community centre and race HQ is the same place. In the absence of any other suggestions and subject to confirmation of it being the same place, shall we make that the time and place for those who want to meet up?
11/09/2002 at 12:07
Sounds fine to me.
11/09/2002 at 12:08
I may have to pcik my number up too as only entered just in time for the closing date - haven't heard yet. Will try to make it for then, but I've got a long way to travel from Malvern. I'm sure I'll find you all anyway.

Hello Mij - I thought it was you but you'd dropped your 000s. Nice dog! Wish I could run with you and Johnny in Ludlow. Sigh. Maybe one day.
Ian
11/09/2002 at 15:43
This will be the first time I've done it. I've heard its a pb course and that's what I'm going for - 1:38:30
11/09/2002 at 15:52
Well I'm definitely going for a PW! Doing it as a training run for GNR and Stroud and for the thrill of meeting all my forum friends!
11/09/2002 at 18:58
LBD - what do you mean you've got a long way to travel ??
I'm coming from Glasgow :)
Looking forward to meeting some of the southern forumites after the (wet) outing in Glasgow last weekend.

Keep an eye out for the club vest, c/w 'HAGGIS'.

See you on the day.
11/09/2002 at 22:18
What's all this longdistancebadger - fat face - oldbones love-in stuff going on. Nice to see a couple of other runners on this thread. I shall be at Vyrnwy on Sunday (you can't miss me, I shall be the bald hamster with glasses next to the big mouse with "DM" on his chest). I'm number 131 and I shall be in my blue vest with yellow stripe together with about another 25 runners from Village Road Runners on the Wirral - should be a good day out.
11/09/2002 at 22:50
Hi all - yes sorry it is a community centre, not a school. LDB - I guess you'll pick up your number there too. Incidentally do allow plenty of time to get there as the road to Vyrnwy is very twisty, narrow and hilly (the course is not) and if there's a tractor coming the other way it's back up time. Vyrnwy is about 28 - 30 miles from here (Shrewsbury) and I'd allow an hour and a half. Also the car park is in a field and last year there was a lengthy queue to get in by about 12.30, so another reason to get there early.

SY3
OB
12/09/2002 at 09:08
Love-in, Fatface amd me? He's just about to get married!!!

SY3 - my mistake, you said hall and I interpreted that as school hall. Its the old several dimensions coming back! Thanks for the tip about allowing enough time. We should all try to get together for the group piccie so the rest of the forum can see how dashing we all are!
21 to 40 of 47 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.