Lake Vyrnwy half

41 to 47 of 47 messages
12/09/2002 at 09:11
Sythree - my number arrived in the post yesterday. I know it takes me 1 and 1/2 hours to get to Bishops Castle, and probably another 1/2 to Welshpool which is 22 miles from the lake apparently so I was going to allow an hour for that. Do you think that would be sufficient? Thanks for the advice. Will try to get there early, but have to drop kids off in BC en route. I used to be SYeight fourbn. Sigh.

Glad to hear you are all converging from far and wide but Penfold I can't love you if you don't post now, can you. And respect to you Haggis for representing the bonny land.
12/09/2002 at 12:10
I've just followed v-rap's advice and discovered I can log on at work. Yippee!

LDB - yep an hour from Welshpool should do it. Vyrnwy is, er, rather remote but it is really stunning once you get there. And the course is definitely a PB one, apart from the short hill at the start up to the dam, but the reward is a terrifically fast downhill finish.

SY3
OB
13/09/2002 at 10:07
Sythree - which way are you planning on going if it takes that long from Shrewsbury?

The route the organisers give from here is A5 through Nesscliffe then left onto B4396 to Knockin (yes, there is a shop there) keep going until Llynclys cross roads and then straight over to A495. At Llansantffraid take right fork B4393 to Llanfyllin joining A490 after approx. 4 miles. Then pick up B4393 again to Vyrnwy. I was allowing an hour at most for this - am I mad?
13/09/2002 at 14:07
I take the A458 (the Welshpoolroad) and turn right shortly after Ford, following the brown signs - I don't know the name of the road. It goes behind Rodney's Pillar and gets really twisty. I don't know the way that the organisers give - may be that an hour is OK that way but as there are likely to be a good few cars headed out that way I would definitely allow a bit more time.

Having said that no doubt I'll be lynched for getting everyone there far too early...

SY3
OB
13/09/2002 at 14:31
I'm allowing plenty of hopefully but I don't like this heat - I like running in cold & drizzle!!!
13/09/2002 at 16:36
But Vyrnwy is in Wales, so there should be plenty of that
13/09/2002 at 23:10
I wouldn't count on it - sod's law applies. I did race the train last month and got sunburn. Good luck to everyone on Sunday.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 47 of 47 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.