Lake Vyrnwy half

1 to 20 of 47 messages
OB
22/08/2002 at 15:48
I gather a few forumites are doing this on Sept. 15th. Shall we start the ball rolling?

This will be my first half and I'm hoping on a good day with the wind behind me to do it in 2 hours!! There, its in print!
22/08/2002 at 16:03
I am definately doing this run. I shall be running with the soon to be Mrs Fat Face around the course and will be finishing approximately 1 step behind her. Her PB was set a few years ago (2:06?) but she is very nervous about this run and her target is to finish. I reckon it will be in 2:15. If she decides not to run and I am feeling OK after the Liverpool Half I shall aim to finish 1 step ahead of Oldbones.
OB
30/08/2002 at 14:34
getting close now - any more takers?
31/08/2002 at 16:34
I'll be 10 steps behind Mrs Fat Face!
31/08/2002 at 21:07
I'll be there - its worth the slow drive for such a scenic race.
Ran last year without preparing properly and staggered round in 1.37. I've tried to prepare better this time so I'll probably be even slower this year.
01/09/2002 at 17:41
Thinking about this, I've got Glasgow the week before it though !!

Still, it would count as a good training run for Dublin.
OB
02/09/2002 at 09:11
Johnny - how can you stagger round in 1.37? for me that would be flying!!

I did my first 13 miler since FLM this weekend and did 2:10 on a very hilly course so my target of 2 hours may be on.
cougie    pirate
02/09/2002 at 17:12
I should be there, but twisted my ankle last week, and so missed the Liverpool Half. Doh !
Maybe the enforced rest will do me good.
(he says hoping !)
02/09/2002 at 23:56
Oldbones - if you can run a hilly 13 miler in 2:10 you should have no problem hitting your 2 hour target at Vyrnwy.
Go for it!
OB
03/09/2002 at 14:45
Thanks Johnny - mmm.. interesting photo!!!
03/09/2002 at 22:03
Yeah - still looking good after all these years eh?

See you on the 15th (I'll be in my Ludlow Runners kit - blue vest, white hoop. The hair won't be spiked but the colour is about right)
04/09/2002 at 10:29
OK, who's going and are we going to meet up before or after. I'm running with Mrs Fat Face, hoping to get her round in 2:15 (ish). If she doesn't run (hurty knee at the mo) I shall be looking to get round under 2 hours. So if anyone wants some company on the way round, let me know.
OB
04/09/2002 at 10:52
I've not done it before so don't know the layout. Any suggestions for a meeting place?

Johnny - another Shropshire Lad eh? I'll be wearing my forum club vest if its back in time.
04/09/2002 at 17:41
Shropshire Lad - now there's a pint!
05/09/2002 at 11:23
Oh dear. Bad badger has only just got her training butt into gear, a bit too late I fear.
Now running 3- 4 times per week but did 8 miles Mon for first time since May (when I did a pb of 2.02 for a half) and last
mile killed me. But we are on for 10 this Sat. I think I will have entry form ready to
post and will decide after those 10!. I'd love to meet you all (and Badger would love to meet Mrs FFaces' rats), and my trainig partner has already
entered, and it will be beautiful and a good practice for the GNR - these are the
pluses. Also get to chill out with all my shropshish friends in Bishop's castle afterwards.
And can undoubtedly cadge a well deserved dinner off the parents in ludlow. But the downers: I am 5 miles short of the distance. I don't want to let my
forum vest down. It's a long way from Malvern I don't want to hate it and find it unbearably hard. I've been invited
to a brilliant party the night before.............

What shall I do. Please help!

And Johnny - I'm a Shropshire lass too. A devoted South Shropshire lass as Oldbones knows.
Cast adrift in Worcstershire at the mo, but actually trying for the first time in a long
time to get back there. Too many good friends have returned and I spend a lot
of weekends there anyway. Parents in Ludlow - friends in Brampton Bryan/Burwarton
BishopsCastle and Clun. Also strong links to round Cleobury. Do you do the Mortimer Forses
10, or whatever it is. Could you alert me to any up and coming runs in the area?
I love the forest. Went back riding to North Farm in the summer - a real trip down
memory lane. And was having a sneaky er cig with a view on Whitciffe whilst cubs were sleeping
in car last Sat!
05/09/2002 at 12:12
Badge,
Go for it. I haven't run over 9 miles since January, but I am still going to have a go.

Bought a new cuddly badger for Mrs FF last week.

Let us know how you get on in your 10 mile outing at the weekend.

Regards,
FF
05/09/2002 at 12:17
FF

Lucky Mrs FF - hope she's running too, 2.15 would probably be about my time
I feel I'll regret it if I don't....
Still lots of buts though......
Will let you know on Tue when I'm back in. My fate will be decided by then.
Will you be wearing forum vests?

Lunch calls
xx
Badge
OB
05/09/2002 at 15:23
LDB - I'll be wearing my vest if I get it back from Wasp in time. Couple of friends I sometimes train with did Vyrnwy last year, soon after taking up running and never having run more than 6 miles before. They did it in just under 2.15. So cut out the fags and get your a**e up here!
05/09/2002 at 15:54
My vest in hanging up justing waiting for its first race. I'm number 67 (I think)
05/09/2002 at 16:00
FF and OB You are swaying me a bit....
Oldbones - running makes me nervous - hence the appalling habit. Its also part of my pre-race breakfast routine!!
Otherwise promise I never usually have one for breakfast - i stick to the refrigerated plain choc hobnobs soon as I get to work instead.

I'm tempted - just to see the look on my running partners face when she sees that I haven't been making up about my invisible friends and how we are gradually taking over the (running) world!
1 to 20 of 47 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.