Lakeside Canal 8 Frimley

23 Jan 2011

1 to 20 of 54 messages
17/12/2010 at 16:55

It's that time of the year again. I like this one. A nice non-standard distance and with some rather scenic bits in it. There was an excellent pie wagon at the finish line last year, I hope it'll be there again.

Bit concerned about the weather between now and then, and will need to take the day off work, but a definite possibility ...

Lady Wot Jogs, Mr K ... this is in your neck of the woods, I expect you both to be present and correct

17/12/2010 at 18:54

Hi Muttley - it certainly is a lovely course, one of my favourites anyway.   I was back runner last year so got a freebie place .   

It's being run by the timing chip company this year, Race Timing Systems, so i'll have to pay to run at the back next year .  Although having said that it's the morning after the club annual dinner so i'll have to give it some thought.........   

17/12/2010 at 19:31
Mr.K will be along in due course. 
20/12/2010 at 19:59
Err....... um....... when I say Mr.K will be along in due course I do of course mean as soon as the snow has cleared and Gatwick is fully operational again!   
20/12/2010 at 20:22
Oh. Is he stranded somewhere? If so, I hope it's warm and exotic ...
20/12/2010 at 21:51

Egypt......... I'm not saying he's a jinx, but if ever you want a cheap trip abroad book up with Mr.K.  That's twice now within a month he's had a freebie extended stay abroad.

21/12/2010 at 09:38
Well, maybe someone should have a word with the local sharks
22/12/2010 at 19:29
He's back.  I'm sure he'll be along shortly.
23/12/2010 at 23:12

Mr K checking in....................well nearly but you get the idea 

I`m getting better - Spain was a 4 day delay & Egypt was 3 days....

24/12/2010 at 19:54
Ah, Mr K, there you are ... you up for this one then? I'm intending to but first I need to get some running in and for that to happen I need this bleedin' ice to go away.
04/01/2011 at 08:24

Signed-up to this at the weekend in the absence of any other 'normal' races, and besides, the canal is a very peaceful place for a run!

Just out of interest (and a question for locals I guess), but have any of you ran in the Run Rampage Event hosted at Bagshot MOD, or the Asics Iceman Trail run  at Deepcut Barracks? They both look more like assault courses than runs.......

I did the Knacker Cracker up on Box Hill on New Years and am looknig to return to a sense of normality, hence the question.

13/01/2011 at 11:41
Signed up today. I did this 2 years ago and thought it was a cracking run. Grim Challenge this weekend to get through first though
13/01/2011 at 13:04

Always have a splash around in the canal afterwards (or during) if not fully clean from the `Grim`

Watch out for the canal bridges

18/01/2011 at 14:27

Was that a dig at me Mr K?

(Bashed my 'ed on one of the bridges a couple of years ago and ended up in Frimley Park hospital!)

18/01/2011 at 14:47

I`m running this one as I cannot find a pub en route to wave you guys by like I did at Yateley.  

Are you doing this one Nick?

Where`s Muttley gone?

18/01/2011 at 14:54

No - not this year - I've retired from races over 10k!! (Except for triathlons and duathlons)

I expect to enter for 2 or 3 of the Yateleys.

18/01/2011 at 17:29
I'm here Mr K but unable to do this one now. Laid up with achilles problems and really unfit. And working on the day. Poo.
18/01/2011 at 18:37

Thats a shame Muttley. I`m just coming back from a tight achilles tendon too. Worked out why today - I spent most of December in flip - flops things so it was tight from that and then managed to tread on a kerb just to make sure it was fully stretched (the 20M over Box Hill - Tanners 20 - didn`t help either). Slow 10Km last w/e and this Sunday uping it 10M+ (rude not to run there on Sunday). Are you at Wokingham?  

18/01/2011 at 20:31

I am ... at least, I have a place. The plan is to gently resume running and check the achilles. If all goes well I should be fit to just plod round sedately. Carrying an injury and the post-Crimble flab at present.

Haven't you had enough of Box Hill in the past?

19/01/2011 at 11:41

Hello I am running this too - I only registered yesterday and have never run more than 10k before, so it should be interesting.  I'm planning to do the Fleet Half in March and the Great South in October, with a few 5ks and 10ks inbetween.

I will watch out for the canal bridges - I tripped up last week and gave myself some huge bruises, then I dropped a full water bottle on my foot so I don't want any more injuries!!

1 to 20 of 54 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.