Lancaster Castle Marathon

1 to 20 of 58 messages
05/08/2011 at 18:26
wow a marathon in lancaster so might do it and I guess it is flat
06/08/2011 at 23:21
Hmmm, interesting! Any pedigree, organisation wise? Or an exciting new innovation? By the way, the RW link doesn't work - too many "s"s in http://www.shoestringresults.co.uk. Paul
07/08/2011 at 18:37
From my experience of the organisers - they are brilliant at organising races - however the race I did of theirs was short (according to me and every other person I spoke to after the race). If they got the length right, they are just about the best I have encountered.
07/08/2011 at 21:15
its the same people that put all the lancaster races on and I for 1 are going to enter
12/10/2011 at 10:12
Is there an official Website to enter online?
21/10/2011 at 16:39
I have entered this race, as I like to do new events, but I am finding it difficult to get any info. There is no website as such. Two emails to the person whose name appears as contact have failed to elicit a reply and I get only a recorded message on that person's mobile. I know there is quite a time yet to go but I like to get accommodation fixed up well in advance that is close to the Start /Finish but even that information is unavailable. I don't know Lancaster so have no idea whether suitable accommodation is plentiful.

Has anyone else entered this one?  Can they help me?
21/10/2011 at 16:58

Used to work there Peter.

Castle is centre of town and next to railway station if start / finish is near to castle.

There are hotels town centre but don't know if want that or just B&B.

If it was me I would stay in Morecambe plenty cheap B&B and get public transport into Lancaster on race day. Its only a couple of miles.

21/10/2011 at 17:03
Thanks Muggle. Very helpful. I would have thought the Castle marked the Start or Finish. But who knows?
21/10/2011 at 18:38

I would do this if it wasn't so close/in summer.

26.2 miles in the heat would kill me off

02/11/2011 at 22:26

around Midsummers Day will at least give you plenty of daylight hours to complete...;0)

04/11/2011 at 17:21

Flat? Did someone say flat? I wouldn't say it's flat in my experience as a student there, but being a second third home for me, it would be nice to complete a marathon in one of my Meccas.

03/12/2011 at 18:04
Well I'm officially in for this one. My new local marathon being about 10 miles away from Lancaster! Some more details other than 'it's a marathon' and 'it's probably at lancaster castle' would be helpful though!
03/12/2011 at 19:43
would guess it runs along the riverside as do the other races but good luck in it

I will be doing Torbay half
19/12/2011 at 15:04

very interested in this but there is next to no details (route maps, elevations, water stations etc) on the Shoestrings site - anybody got any ideas?

Mark 

28/12/2011 at 10:32
Is there any info on the route? Surely can't be flat? Will definitely do it but nice to get more info?
29/12/2011 at 09:25

A couple of points that I have noticed on the event website at Shoestring Results:

Firstly, the web site stares "Certified Accurate". This is not the case. I have not received a measurement report for this event, so I have not issued a measurement certificate.

A UK Athletics Licence has not been applied for at this stage.

Whilst there is still time for both of these important issues to be put in place, I believe I have a responsibility to let you know.

Brian Porter MSc
Course Measurement Secretary
North of England
Registered Road Race Measurer Grade 1
www.coursemeasurement.org.uk
UKA Endurance official Level 2C

29/12/2011 at 10:32
This race has been measured and paper work is on the way to Brian Porter MSc ,
Billy has asked me to thank Brian (MSc)for bringing this to our attention.

As far as your "responsibility to let people know" I would have thought you would have checked with the organizer of the race what was going on.

Once again Brian thank you

If you would like to ring Bill Gardner, Brian (MSc) I'm know he will be only to willing help you
29/12/2011 at 14:52
The course has been measured came as news to the measurer when I asked him.

It is also the responsibility of a web site owner to ensure the accuracy of information provided therein.

Stephen. The title of MSc was hard-earned and I would thank you not to take the piss!!!
29/12/2011 at 15:53
And when I got your e mail we promptly did what you asked Mr Porter
but have you contacted the organiser

Anyway I know that by the time get to the day all these things will be sorted and will be a good event

Lets all calm down and have a Jogging Good New Year!

ALL THE BEST TO YOU ALL!
01/01/2012 at 21:53
What will the route be?
Will it be flat?
1 to 20 of 58 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.