Lancaster half marathon

is there one?

3 messages
31/01/2006 at 15:27
I read on the back of the Fell Runners Association 2006 handbook that there is a half marathon in Lancaster on 3rd September.

I ran a search on this website for events and nothing came up. I also contacted Lancaster council and they know nothing about it.

....so at the moment it looks like I'm running alone.

anyone else know anything about it?
31/01/2006 at 16:33
There has been one in recent years. Its been the culmination of a series of races put on, I believe (though I may well be wrong on this - there's nothing on the club website), by Lancaster and Morcambe AC. The series involves a 5k in May, 10k in June, 10 miler in July and this.

The provisional dates are all listed in the Race calendar on http://www.ukroadraces.net/ but there are no other details yet. In the past, I've found entry forms at local races from about March time so maybe its a bit early and they haven't applied for the permits yet.
31/01/2006 at 16:36
thanks Andy

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.