Le Touquet 2006

261 to 270 of 270 messages
06/07/2006 at 11:34
Hello Touquetters! It was a fab weekend, and lovely to see you all. Back at work now :(

Snoop, I hope you enjoyed the footie <snigger>.

06/07/2006 at 12:10
Hello! Got back to the hotel on Sunday to find I was a bit sun burnt!!! I am proud however that I was not hungover on Sunday morning, I was on for the hat trick but thought better of it. :)

Mmm....I heard a few dropped out of the 20k, the temp hits 35C and people start wimping out, no wonder we can't win the world cup! ;-)

Snoop, if you'd done the 10k you could have watched the footie in ya hotel, although a 4pm start here, of course it was 5pm in France.....perhaps the next manager could screen out those who can't take a penalty prior to selection??? :))

Managed to catch the Italy V Germany game on a large screen in a tree lined place, whilst eating dinner and drinking wine with a rather attractive woman (hopefully she didn't notice I was watching the game on her sunglasses!) ;-)
06/07/2006 at 12:35
Hello, lovely to see you Wilkie and Jelly, glad you had a good time. Did you watch France v Portugal? I did!!!!
06/07/2006 at 12:35
No. Who won?
06/07/2006 at 12:42
Just googled it, well done France...are you going to the final Rach?...Frenchmen and Italians! ;-)
06/07/2006 at 12:54
Yes the ideal melange. I am of course 100% for the Frenchies. Having a quiet day getting over last nights festivities. Hope I manage to exercise a bit more restraint when we win on Sunday or I'll blow all my holiday allowance! :)
06/07/2006 at 13:17
Yeah but have you tried their ice cream Rach? :)

Must say I'd like to see the French win, if only for Henri's va va voom ads!

ps. I think my back is peeling! :(
06/07/2006 at 13:27
I'm very glad the Italians are through to the final cos I will enjoy watching such beauty run round the pitch. Still want les bleues pour la coupe though.

I have some very interesting sunburn on my back from Sunday. I was obviously too fatiguéed to do the whole sun cream thing properly and I have a diagonal line from left shoulder to under my right armpit and everything above was nicely protected and everything below was burnt to a cinder.
06/07/2006 at 14:03
I got thoroughly fried, Rach. I should have been more thorough (or even half-way thorough) with the sun screen.

The fact that the sand was too hot to walk on should have been a clue!
06/07/2006 at 14:23
Well you see Wilkie, I didn't really get that clue due to lying comatose on the beach the whole time. I still haven't had a chance to recover from Saturday night. Just when you think things are calming down France win again and we have to do the whole drinkie dancey thing again! It'll be a blessed relief to get Sunday out the way and get a few early nights in!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
261 to 270 of 270 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.