Leeds Abbey Dash

9 messages
08/10/2003 at 19:28
Entered this on line via active europe web site a couple of weeks ago and other than credit card being debited not heard anything yet.

Anyone else entered this already and heard anything?

Would also be interested to hear what the course and organisation etc are like from anyone who has run it before.

Simon
08/10/2003 at 20:03
Did it last year. The course is described as "flat" however there is a bit of a drag out to the turn and the final 1/2 mile felt pretty tough. The rest of it is dead flat. All of the top 10 finishers last year beat 31 minutes, so it is a fast course.

Although I haven't entered it yet it's one I intend doing if the training goes to plan.
08/10/2003 at 20:04
Just remembered! The start is pretty disorganised and you will have to push your way to the front as it is quite narrow considering the number of competitors.
08/10/2003 at 20:49
I entered about a month ago direct to the organisers and my cheque was cashed soon after. Numbers are sent out closer to the date. You should be OK SIT.
08/10/2003 at 21:52
Hi there i have also enterd the Abbey Dash sent my cheque of about two weeks ago and still have not hered anything even though it as been cashed last week hope it goes well
08/10/2003 at 22:19
Hi Simon, I've entered online like you and am waiting for my race details.

I think it's flatter than the Barnsley 5k!
09/10/2003 at 06:21
They usually send all the race details out together a few days before the race, rather than as people apply.
09/10/2003 at 10:04
thats a bit bad as they send sponsorship forms out dosnt give you much time to go around with it
12/10/2003 at 19:24
Thanks for feedback. Looking forward to seeing a few of you at the race.

Simon

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.