Leeds Half Marathon

1 to 20 of 341 messages
Sore Shins M    pirate
26/02/2007 at 23:18
So who up for this then?

Did the Great North West Half Marathon in blackpool yesterday in 1.41 but that was very flat and traffic free - if i get anyway near i will be well chuffed.

doing this race in prep for the Edinburgh marathon on 27/5
27/02/2007 at 01:16
Hi Simon
Great minds think alike! - also did the Blackpool Half on Sunday, and doing Leeds also in prep for Edinburgh Marathon!
Enjoyed Blackpool, especially as weather a bit kinder this year.
It will be my first Leeds half so looking forward to that one, nice to do an event thats local rather than having to travel!
Also first time at Edinburgh, although some friends have done this one a couple of years ago and enjoyed it.
YP1
27/02/2007 at 08:50
Simon and plodding girl - I've got the same plan. I did 1:47:47 on Sunday, which was a PB. I'm not expecting Leeds to be anywhere close to that. I've never done it before as a race, although I've run the route in training.
YP1
27/02/2007 at 08:50
That should have said I'm also doing Edinburgh.
Sore Shins M    pirate
27/02/2007 at 15:37
hello YP1 and plodding girl,

pg what time did you get round blackpool in

Edinburgh route has been changed this year which im pleased about as a mate did it last year and said it was a real killer,, hopefully the lower route should be less of a 'killer' though i dont expect it to be easy - hence the halfs in prep

im signed up for the Silverstone half & Liverpool 1/2 in March.

when i finished blackpool i did think to myself - phew glad thats over - didnt fancy doing it all over again!!

more training req

hows everybody else training going - im currently doing 4 10 miles a week incorporating hills in them.

02/03/2007 at 11:58
Hello....

Just registered to run this race , twill be my first ever !
nsc
02/03/2007 at 12:10
t'was my first ever last year

I will be back this year!

<waves at YP1 - you had a cracking race at Blackpool chuck!>
YP1
02/03/2007 at 12:14
Hello nsc! Yes, I was really pleased with that - I didn't think I'd beat my Brass Monkey time for a while yet, then ended up taking nearly 2 minutes off it. I definitely won't be beating it at Leeds unless miracles happen to get me up Stonegate Road at a decent pace...
02/03/2007 at 12:30
Would like to do it but am still trying to get fit. Not sure if I've got enough time.
nsc
02/03/2007 at 12:33
depends whether you just want to get round or do a good time Huge?

if you don't you can be support crew!

YP1, the only way I got a pb at leeds was cos it was my first! should have been at blackpool but got hit by the lurgy, not run for over a week and now getting twitchy!
02/03/2007 at 12:36
Would like to get round in one piece, nsc, and not embarrass myself.
Support crew good option though.
nsc
02/03/2007 at 12:40
10 weeks to train?
but see you in the pub after whatever you decide :O)
02/03/2007 at 12:50
Oh alright Ill do this instead of the Ripon ten mile I was eyeing up instead. Wouldnt want to miss all the fun just cos I dont like lining the pockets of Leeds City Council!!!! Seeing as everyones going to be there I dont want to miss anything!!

<stoxy gets her cheque book out.....again>

Now just need to make a decision about Humber Bridge Half.
YP1
02/03/2007 at 13:19
Yay. You haven't been swayed by the pub afterwards have you Stoxy?
02/03/2007 at 14:44
It is a factor in all of my race decsions I must admit.
02/03/2007 at 15:01
No pub, no run, it's that simple.
02/03/2007 at 15:09
Agreed huge.

Am I right in thinking that they have just charged me an extra 2 quid to enter on line without a word of warning? Hmmm.
02/03/2007 at 15:10
Stoxy,yeah probably, std RW thing isn't it?
Sore Shins M    pirate
02/03/2007 at 18:23
i nearly got caught by the RW stealth tax - decided to send it snail mail .... but still cost me 2 x 44p stamps and have to wait etc...
suppose the online £2 aint that fair out considering immediate acceptance etc.

missed out on the coniston 14 due to snail mail.

how is everyone from the blackpool 1/2 - my left shin is in agony this week - way over did it - went for a 'recovery' run wednesday and forgot to put some vaseline on mi nips - ruined my new yellow nike top with sever nipple rub -- yeeooowww!!

have given my fri run a miss today - hopefully better by sunday - doing the st annes 10 miler - shin permitting.

tub of vaseline will defo be in my kit this week.

anybodyelse injured

huge - 10 weeks is ample time to get fit then injured then fit again.... thats how my training goes anyway!!

target time for Leeds 1:50

nsc
02/03/2007 at 21:40
knew if I said pub Stoxy would be swayed :O)
1 to 20 of 341 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.