Leeds Half Marathon

301 to 320 of 341 messages
16/05/2007 at 09:19
Does anyone know when the photos will be available? Cant wait to see them!
16/05/2007 at 09:19
Lee, lookin for something flat after leeds, not to bothered about the scenery. I find I get a bit of tunnel vision when running.

Stoxy, it looks like your right. I was fortunate on the support front, a runner behind me did shouted at the supporters to pick it up just before the half way mark, and they responded. So I also got that benefit.

As a new comer to races though, I did leave to early. Next race I will be stayin to support the other runners, and will try not to be a selfish sod.
16/05/2007 at 09:39
Not sure where you are Michael, how far you're willing to travel, and when you want to do your next one, but Blackpool in a couple of weeks is pancake flat. Sheffield on Sunday coming is surprisingly flat, and there's the Brass Monkey in York in January (fills up within a few days so get your forms in quick when it opens!) as well as the 4 villages in Cheshire which isn't too bad.

Of course it is difficult to find a 13.1 mile course that truly is flat, but Blackpool and Brass Monkey are probably as good as it gets.
16/05/2007 at 10:01
Micheal- Ive done Blackpool (the June one). Flat so great for a time. Not a bad course really right along by the sea. But I love the seaside so I would like it.However they always seem to have problems with water so take your own. Not the best organised race but I enjoyed it.

Apparently Selby half is also flat. Havent done it myself but may do this year. I think its beginning of October week after GNR this year.

Re the support-yes it does seem to have been better sub 2:10!! I too saw the couple at the roundabout with the wine. And yes I was tempted.

16/05/2007 at 11:21
Michael I've done Selby the last couple of years - it is flat, well organised and the weather in that part of September/October is usually good. Further ahead - Ackworth near Pontefract is a good one - that'll be next March.
16/05/2007 at 13:24
Thanks , Blackpool would be ideal but I am away. I am on the Wirral by the coast so would have been a home from home.

I will take a look at Selby, York.
16/05/2007 at 13:46
I would suggest Selby on Oct 7th. I Run for the club, so would have to i guess.

Adie
16/05/2007 at 13:49
Michael, I too did Selby last year, and it is a fast, flat course. I remember part of it goes through a forest, which was nice (on road I mean, not off!) A course with def PB potential, and would recommend it. Freckleton is also coming up (near Blackpool - other side of Lytham) - which I would imagine ought to be flat although i've never run it.
16/05/2007 at 14:02
I do like to beat my PB, still looking for a half marathon which is all down hill, but have to remain realistic.

17/05/2007 at 14:33
Photos are up!!!!

http://www.marathon-photos.com/index.html

Mine arent particularly good, but thankfully not too bad either!!!

Bib number 4890 for those who like a laugh!
17/05/2007 at 14:47
pictures not to bad, however when i look at the certificate they are not my details or on the photos with other details on this is the same, has anyone else had this problem?

adie
17/05/2007 at 14:50
Yes adie. Apparently my name is Gareth.
17/05/2007 at 14:53
not Mann perchance?
17/05/2007 at 15:03
No afraid not!
17/05/2007 at 15:12
details on mine too are completely wrong - named as someone else, and time 30 mins too slow - won't be purchasing that! Photos of me are particularly hideous also...best forgotten.
17/05/2007 at 15:16
Sorry to sound like Im whinging (again) but they didnt make it obvious where the camera was so we could smile and wave and stuff so my photos are a bit boring! I knew there'd be a camera somewhere near the finish but I dont remember seeing it.
17/05/2007 at 17:07
For the certificate, I suggest typing in every number starting from '1' until you see yours.

And while you're doing it - if you see mine, let me know.
18/05/2007 at 11:15
hi guys, i'm new so hi ! I ran my 1st half on sunday in leeds and was looking forward to the photos ..... mine were also wrong but i emailed via the link on the photos website and a this morning they are right .... might be worth a go !!
18/05/2007 at 11:16
Ta. Ill have a look.
23/05/2007 at 12:37
Hi,
My certificate was wrong too, but I've emailed them so fingers crossed they're right.
Really enjoyed the Leeds half, did it in 1.57 so knocked over 8 minutes off my PB from GNR! Thought it was well organised although the crowd support was a bit thin in places. Had friends there who I spotted cheering crazily at about the 10 mile mark which really helped spur me on for the last bit and the support at the end was good.
Doing the next one in my home town Malvern (if anyone even knows where that is!??). Not sure what it will be like doing such a small one but definitely up for it after Leeds. Well done to everyone who took part!
301 to 320 of 341 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.