Leicester Marathon

Is this the one?

21 to 40 of 72 messages
02/10/2012 at 10:25

I havnt got round to entering yet as I had a big event a week ago and wanted to make sure I was recovered.  I see the price is already up to £50 thought it was just on the day that was £50

02/10/2012 at 10:43

I think it went up on 1st of October.

02/10/2012 at 18:25

Despite being put off by the poor website, I just went to register for the half.  Then saw £50 ?!?  States on the day £50 on runners world
Forget it !
Haha just noticed the person above has the same issue. 
Robin Hood was half this ... and much bigger event.  Great North was much less than this.
Nice pricing strategy.  Lots of people enter 2 weeks before.  Whoever thought this one up, is just stopping people from doing the race, and thus making less money

02/10/2012 at 20:40
It said on RW that it was ??50 on the day not 1.5 weeks before , they ought to have been clear about when the price went up
04/10/2012 at 17:00

I have just been informed we have to pick our race numbers and tags up on the morning of the race as we do not live in Leicester, what a joke, I can just see 500+ runners queuing on race morning, terrible organising, Nottingham was a brilliantly executed half, last years Leicester was bland and the "runners village" didn't really exist. In my opinion this year they have made it worse, upped the price, made it more of a hassle, I won't be bothering after this year again

06/10/2012 at 13:58

Hi Folks,

I'm doing the half and registered a while ago. OH also runs and fancied it but had to wait to see if his leave request for the 14th was confirmed and didn't know it had been approved til last weekend. Went to register last Sunday and as you say, saw it had gone up to £50! (Apparently that was the closing date)

emailed the race organiser who was great, emailed back the same day and suggested we tried discount codes which are valid for limited time/ availability, so give this a go:

LEICSHALF25   or LEICSMARA29   (think they speak for themselves as to which is which!)

They should reduce the cost to the original price. OH got round to entering the half this morning and the code worked - £25.00.

Hope this helps anyone still considering it - gets good reviews from the RW ratings

06/10/2012 at 14:00

ooppps..

sorry, forgot the code for the affiliated amongst you...

AFFILIATED22   AFFILIATED26

06/10/2012 at 16:49
back on track today ignored my slightly sore knee and ran 12k SOOO excited next Sunday cannot come soon enough.

Going in Wednessay afternoon to pick my number up
06/10/2012 at 18:26
I emailed too and got those codes!
06/10/2012 at 18:45

Did you enter? seems from some of the comments on this thread that people would have been happy to go with the original fees and were put of by the increase so seems a bit short sighted to double the cost a couple of weeks before the event.

08/10/2012 at 00:33
Soo...........

everyone ready and raring to go. I read on the runnersworld site about prep saying sleep a lot two nights before as with excitement might not sleep much night before. Don't know about the rest of you but I cannot sleep now! So excited.
10/10/2012 at 08:31

Hi guys,

Hope all is well. I am getting nervous about Sunday. Doesn't matter how well prepared you are, these things always suck big time in the last 30 minutes. I have been trying to get a message to the race organiser asking if a friend could pick up my pack on my behalf. No response so far. What mail address have others on the thread used?

This will be my latest sub 3 attempt. Ran 3:02 at this race in 09 so I know that the course is pretty quick. Looking at my Garmin data from that race, the first 3 are slightly downhill which is good for warming up hips and lower back. Good luck all!!!

10/10/2012 at 10:13

Have a look on the facebook page.  I think they would need your race info? at least with your number etc... how are they to actually know it's not you picking it up as long as the person has the right info?

They are on facebook as Leicester Marathon

Edited: 10/10/2012 at 10:14
10/10/2012 at 23:39
It' s 50/50 if I will be on the start line - trip to Physio tomorrow. If I make it, do you know of any changing facilities after the race. I can't see anything on the web site, and its a long way home.
12/10/2012 at 11:31

Good luck to all - I've run Leicester twice before and I can vouch for it being a fast course, I've pb'd twice there.

Frank good luck with the sub 3, I'm in the same spot but for sub 3:15 (it's all about Boston!).

Jase

12/10/2012 at 11:40

Also-Ran  I hope your trip to the physio went well. Finger crossed.

Jasey: Good luck for 3:15

I agree with everyone else good luck everyone   I'm hoping to create my PB and PW all at the same time

12/10/2012 at 16:48

Good luck to everyone on Sunday, my first marathon and aiming for 4.00hrs at best but been told to run for the finish line rather than finish time by someone whos been there and done it, so i'm taking that!!

booktrunk - you've been a breath of fresh air on here and i'm sure everyone has been lifted by your enthusiasm and sense of excitement. Best of luck to you in particular and enjoy!! 

12/10/2012 at 20:26

Hey all, good luck to everyone on Sunday esp the first time marathoners.. a very exciting day for you, enjoy it! The final mile is a haul but you get to go through the city centre where you are made to feel like you are an Olympian by the crowds and radio crew

My time may be a deliberate PW, did Chester last Sunday in 3;36 and am doing Snowdon in 2 weeks time, so really must pace this nice n slow!!

Bit hacked off about the race pack though, the chaos this is going to cause is obvious. Anyway, see ya Sunday

13/10/2012 at 10:21

Anyone know if there are any showers at event or at a nearby swimming pool/leisure centre type place?

Pity its a pb course as I want to break mine but this is my Mothers swansong marathon so doing it at her pace thankfully!

13/10/2012 at 10:32

Some really impressive PB chasers here! Thanks for the benefit of your experience and passing on your tips. I'm just doing the half (my first, having gone arse about and first race experiences were a  20 mile and full) and frankly will be chuffed to get in around 2.15 for that!

Hope those of you experiencing problems with the race packs got things sorted, I went yesterday and it was efficient enough so hope that bodes well for those getting your packs on the day - there are no ties for the chips in the packs though so may be worth taking some with you if you don't want to mess about attaching through your laces and again messing about detaching it at the end.

21 to 40 of 72 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.