Lichfield Half Marathon

41 to 53 of 53 messages
28/04/2011 at 10:56

Thanks for the runkeeper route ross - I was looking for an elevation profile and that looks right up my street with PB potential  

Weather looks reasonable at the moment - 16C and sunny intervals.

Really looking forward to this now, need to investigate the parking situation!

28/04/2011 at 16:07
I'm going to park in town near the finish and walk to the start, about 1 mile, which should only take about 20 minutes, not sure if there is a bag transfer bus or not but I'll have my family to take my bag for me
29/04/2011 at 15:55
Could anyone tell me if the number on the timing chip attached to their race number is different to their race number ('cos it is on mine)?   Just seems a bit strange, that's all
29/04/2011 at 16:11
Haven't received my chip or number in the post yet, nor has another person running with me. Hopefully it can all get sorted on the Sunday...

A bit concerned about my knees. Have done two half-marathons this year without problems, but then did the Wrekin fell run a few weeks ago and my knees have been slightly sore ever since. Anyone got any advice on this point? Would it help if I strap them up on the day? Thanks; hope to see you all on Sunday.
29/04/2011 at 16:29
Apparently a few people still haven't received their packs:

http://www.kpevents.net/category/upcoming-events
30/04/2011 at 07:42

Helen

Thank you very much for the parking advice, will get there early so I can see what the official site is like but will check out cherry orchard too

Looks like it will be a nice day for it really looking forward to it now - what sort of times are people going for I'm hoping for around 1h 50

30/04/2011 at 13:12

I am hoping not to come last!! I did MK half marathon mid March in 2 hours 8mins but haven't really run over 7miles ish since (have a couple of times, but not with any regularity or structure really!!) so just hoping to get round.

I was in two minds as to whether I should do it, but I think I would like to have a go and as long as I don't have a time in mind and am just happy to get round it sould be ok???

Hoping it's not too windy or too hilly....my flat is different to other people's flat!!

02/05/2011 at 09:45

Looks like the official photos are online : http://www.runner-photos.co.uk/rpEventSearch.asp?RaceID=LHM11

02/05/2011 at 12:11

Thought this was a fantastic event, really well organised & great value for money.

Mine and my brothers first half marathon & i finished in 1:43:59 which i was really happy with (was aiming for under 1:45)

One thing i don't really think makes sense, is why the overall positions are generated from the 'gun time' and not peoples chip times? just wondered.

Well done on a fantastic event, will definately be there next year.

one question....only just signed up to the site, tried to add a profile pic but it wont let me?? i seem to be doing it right but the pic just doesn't upload?

Edited: 02/05/2011 at 12:12
02/05/2011 at 12:15

Jay, Good run, that's a good time for your first.

The timing is due to UK Athletics rules where chip times don't count toward official standing. Therefore your official time is the gun time. Obviously when it comes to larger events then there's always a delay for getting everyone over the line so on a personal level your chip time is more accurate and that's why most events offer chip timing now.

02/05/2011 at 15:07

Thanks Ross  just wondered if thats the way it's always done.

Jay.

02/05/2011 at 20:56
Great event, first time run Lichfield 1/2, only done 2 before, came in at 2:01.  Hot as hell mind.  Can't wait till next year, although that Fradley Bank went on and up, and on and up, dig deep my friends, dig deep...
03/05/2011 at 23:06
The Lichfield Half Marathon Video is now online: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc049WMguP4
Edited: 03/05/2011 at 23:06

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 53 of 53 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.