6 days, 48 hours, 24 hours & a Marathon a day
I am organising a 6 day race in August 2011 to raise money for Royal British Legions 90th birthday and also for Help for Heroes.
Venue not yet confirmed but it will be a short circuit 500m to 1km for the ultras.
Please contact me if you would be interested in taking part in any of the following:-
What are you interested in? Have you ever run Ultra distance?
Hopefully there will be a Marathon each day around a circuit of about 1.5 miles.
The multiday races will be on a much shorter circuit maybe 500m long.
It is hoped that this festival of Ultradistance running wil take place from August 15th 2011 at Lingfield Park Race Course in Surrey.
Please contact me if you are interested in taking part or helping to organise.
I would like to get an idea of the interest from the runners.
That's a fantastic idea! Post this on Fetcheveryone, I'm sure will be loads of interest
I've done a 24hr this year and if I could afford it I'd try a 48. And then I'd say sleep a bit and try a marathon for each remaining day and if I was totally no good after 48, I'd stay and help
Anyway, I hope this will take place in some form or other!
It is definitely taking place, just working on the final details and soon there will be a website.
I'm not on Fetcheveryone could you put it on for me please?
Oh I do hope I won't "be bankrupt anymore" by August.
OK New forum posted on Fetch
Yes quite interested in the marathon a day option but have a few Q
1. Do you have to raise a certain amount for chariry or is it pay your entry and raise what you can?
2. After each marathon can you go home/to a B&B to recovery/sleep in a proper bed?
3. Wil it count as 6 towards my 100 for the 100 club?
4. If I entered all 6 but only completed, say 4, would those 4 count?
5. Is it def ie can I get excited about it yet?!!
1) Pay entry £15 and raise what youb can by sponsorship if possible
2) Unless you want to pay £100 a night at the Marriott Hotel on site then it will need to be home (if local) or B & B. Sorry I am only supplying accommodation for the multiday ultra runners.
3) Ask Roger Biggs
4) Ask Roger Biggs!
5) Provided I get sponsors it is on so, yes, start getting excited. I am!
I am so excited about it! I decided I'll plan my year plans around it, not the other way round! (don't tell my mum about it!)
And with the accommodation thing, can I sleep in a tent? In the park? Oh, I'd come a day before (I live far) and stay day after if I was unable to walk at all.
A question, will there be hot drinks or some heater to heaten up food all the time? And is it light in the park or do we need torches?
thanks pam, wil check with roger
I looked at the marriot!! V expensive, local B and B I think! I wouldnt want to camp cos I need a proper bed!
email sent, willl post back the answer!
Will the marathon be at a set time each day or is it come and go as you please? Was just asking as I think there is a 5 need to do a marathon rule for it to count so if people are coming and going at different times that make make a diff as to whether it wil count.
Can people just come for odd days as well or is it all 6 or nothing? Personally I think I am going to have a go at all 6 but there might be other people who fancy a mid week one.
£15 seems remarkably cheap, especially as it is for charity, some people may shoot me but I would have thought you could charge more than that
1) Marathon will start at 10-00am each day and will be around the race course, approx. 1.25 mile circuit. Hope to get at least 5 runners each day and, of course, more on the Saturday.
2) You can enter as many as you like, might be a discount if you run all six (6. for the price of 5)
3) Trying to keep the cost down to attract more runners. Hopefully some runners will get themselves sponsored
The serious 6 day race (and 48/24 hours) is on a much shorter circuit (approx 900m).
No camping allowed but there will be basic accommodation for the ultra runners (shared marquee dorms. portacabins or private stables!)
Hope to have a website soon.
now you have got us interested we need that website!!!!
Will poppy be out to play??!!!
Ecpressing my interest here.
Just one simple question i hope. Are there campsites nearby ?
Visit the official Runner's World page
Follow Runner's World on Twitter
Other Natmag-Rodale Sites
Run For Charity
About Runner's World
Runner's World is a publication of Hearst Magazines UK which is the trading name of The National Magazine Company Ltd, 72 Broadwick Street, London, W1F 9EP. Registered in England 112955. All rights reserved.
Website powered by: Immediate Media Company Limited. | © Runner's World 2002-2013 |