Liverpool Half Marathon 2012

Run to the Mersey Beat! 18.03.12.

141 to 160 of 276 messages
27/02/2012 at 11:28
Hello Gaz, you running in this too?

Looking forward to it? hows training going?

I talked to you on ESB about the Chester marathon in October if I remember correctly!
27/02/2012 at 11:52
Yes, mate I'm doing this run and Manchester marathon at the end of April.

Training has gone fine, should be a good day. Its my birthday on the 18th and theres a few of us meeting up in town, doing the race and then going for a few drinks afterwards.

Your training gone OK? I got 1:36 at Helsby Half last month which was a PB so if I can improve a little on that time I'll be made up.
Edited: 27/02/2012 at 11:53
27/02/2012 at 12:14
I haven't been training at all, I started this week and ran 8 miles yesterday in about 63 minutes which is ok. I am quite happy with how it is going, how old are you then if you don't mind me asking ha? I am aiming for sub 100 minutes, I ran it in 1.31.22 last year but can't see myself getting anyway near that this year, I am going to join a running club the week after the HM.
27/02/2012 at 12:17
I'm 43 next month, been running about a year after becoming a bit of a lard arse in my late 30s!
27/02/2012 at 12:28
Fair enough mate I am only 20, ran my first half marathon when I was 17 without ever running before that, what was the helsby half like? I need to start entering more races this year, I only usually do 3 or 4 a year. What other races have you got planned?
27/02/2012 at 12:38
20 eh? I'm sure you can get away with skiving off the training a bit at that age. Being 42 I don't really have that option!

Helsby was a good, well organized race.

The timing is great as well because to get a decent time at the end of January I had to keep myself in shape over Xmas where without that run I think I'd have been tempted to start my training for Liverpool/Manchester at the start of January and probably got off to a slow start.

I've also got a 20 miler in Stafford the week before Liverpool but I'm ust using that as a training run to try and gauge what a realistic target is for the Manchester marathon rather than running it flat out.

I'm going to try and do 2/3 Halfs and 1 full marathon in both Spring and Autumn but other than def. doing Chester marathon in October I've not really looked at the options the Summer/ Autumn yet.

What have you got planned? Any full marathons or do you stick with the Halfs?
Edited: 27/02/2012 at 12:40
27/02/2012 at 13:38
I think I will stick with Halfs, as I said before I am going to join a running club so I will see what I can get from that. I usually do the tunnel 10k, the half marathon, the waterloo 15k, I can't drive and don't have anyone to take me to races so it makes it quite different, I will try and do more races this year, I think ill aim for the new mens 10k in liverpool in May for my 10k PB for the year, my PB now is 42 minutes, ideally it should be about 38 minutes, I have only ever done the tunnel 10k and the hill on the way out of the tunnel always seems to ruin it for me.
27/02/2012 at 20:19

right, 5 of us coming across - training not gone great tbh but hopefully pick it up this week to get a 10 miler in next Sunday.

Anyway, staying over now - any suggestions for decent evening entertainment Sunday night in central Liverpool?

27/02/2012 at 22:02
Race packs arrived today. Looking forward to it and it spurred us on to get out in the Peter Kay rain tonight. Just planned Wednesday night route as well.
28/02/2012 at 16:07
Pleased to see the race packs are landing... the number of phone calls we get about "my friends got his and I haven't got mine..." is astonishing! Inevitably they all land!

Snake Hips - anywhere in the city centre is good on Sunday night, just depends on what you're looking for after a HM! The Grapes on Mathew Street is always good for a pint!
LIVERBIRD    pirate
28/02/2012 at 18:47
AlanRothwell wrote (see)
Good going Steve! LB - the new web site which will be launched on 18th March will have regular input from the events via Twitter and Facebook. Does this mean the demise of RW Forum????

I think it's in its death throes anyway. I hardly ever visit here anymore. It's full of spam, people asking what bloody Garmin to get and "I've got this pain in my knee - what is it"?

DO I LOOK LIKE SUPERMAN? I can't see through to your bones!

You should add me on FB. I'll keep you entertained!

28/02/2012 at 21:24

Hello - got my race pack and am looking forward to the day.

Just wondering what options there may be showers/changing. I know there's the Gym Group offer in the race pack but I can't work out how to use that - do you have to 'join' them first? Is there any alternatives around the area?

28/02/2012 at 23:12
Is entry for this still open, and can you enter on the day of the event
29/02/2012 at 07:49
No entries on the day. Go to www.runliverpool.org.uk for updated details as the closing date is officially today.

there are no shower or changing facilities. You just apply for a day pass for the gym across the road in Liverpool ONE.
29/02/2012 at 19:56

Alan - Thanks, will contact the gym direct to arrange it.

29/02/2012 at 23:15
LIVERBIRD wrote (see)
You should add me on FB. I'll keep you entertained!

I did.....and you have!!!

Without you LB, I'd have never known to go for a pee beforehand if I intended to run in Sefton Park before 9am  

02/03/2012 at 08:51
are the colours on the numbers based on starting position? Also a friend of mine has her number but cannot run due to injury - can she transfer her number to someone else if she provides their details - surely not a major issue if all details are sent to RunLiverpool (surely only a name change in a database) and the correct persons name is on the back for medical reasons?
02/03/2012 at 09:52
Andyc209 - it is a major issue which is why we don't allow refunds, transfers of deferrals. The trouble ospeople only see this issue from their personal perspective and have no idea of the significant number of requests we get for same. It runs into thousands!!

Once upon a time we used to assist but everyone and anyone who decided they didn't want to run (or couldn't) simply assumed we would accommodate them and it is no longer possible - especially when you as a male choose to run under a female entrant number.

The instruction regarding this is on the paper entry form and at the point of entry on the online system.
02/03/2012 at 10:02
is that for insurance or is it just admin time? seems such a shame to waste an entry
03/03/2012 at 14:31
2 weeks to go , just hope every one stays injury free and Alan has got good weather ordered ! This is my third Liverpool half but the previous times I ran it I did little after the Half , but this time I plan to do a lot more running after the half .
Is there a little run still planned for October ?
141 to 160 of 276 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.