Liverpool Half Marathon 2012

Run to the Mersey Beat! 18.03.12.

1 to 20 of 276 messages
19/10/2011 at 15:32
I see entries have opened for the Liverpool Half Marathon. I expect big things from this event and hopefully a new start and finish area at the Pier Head and a technical T shirt will help!

UKA affiliation (applied for) as well!
19/10/2011 at 16:00

Just spotted that entries are now open so mine's going to be in the post tomorrow, yay!!!!!!!

Of course, the technical T shirt swayed it for me......!!!

19/10/2011 at 21:41
I'm all entered very much looking forward to this!!! xx
19/10/2011 at 21:51
Ill defo be entering, this will be my first attempt at a half marathon.
19/10/2011 at 23:04
Def. be doing this with a couple of workmates.
19/10/2011 at 23:10

I'm in, whoo hoo can't wait. Just have the small problem of trying to get a bit quicker!

20/10/2011 at 06:43
This was my first half last year and I loved it, a few of my friends will be doing it again but I'm out with it being mothers day as well. I'll have to hope my wife is nice and tells me to go ahead and do it anyway.
20/10/2011 at 11:45
Entries going well! First 200 have gone overnight so things are looking good from the off.
20/10/2011 at 13:02
Put me and Mrs Warkie down,we both did it last year and I intend to get under 2 hours this time ..I take it long way up to sefton park and back down ottespool again ?
21/10/2011 at 12:41

Ooh - a shiny, new Liverpool HM thread! This has finally convinced me to stop lurking in the shadows and post on the Forum.

All signed up.  Missed this years, due to hamstring going 3 weeks before, but 2010 was a great (if slightly windy!) race - and I feel so much more confident knowing Upper Parliament Mountain will kick in around mile 2 and not mile 16 

21/10/2011 at 13:45
Warkie - the course will be the same as last year apart from the possibility of moving the start / finish to the Pier Head. The open space at the Arena is too small.

Flame - welcome on board!
21/10/2011 at 17:06

Welcome Flame, and if ti's the same as last year, you don't run all the way up Upper Parliment St as you join it half way up if my memory is correct?

I'll definately be doing this asthis years was my first ever race over any distance and I'll start training specifically for this soon so I can smash my pb

22/10/2011 at 12:27

Cheers Alan great place to finish ....

Will be looking to get under 2 hours this time as my Marathon was ruined by injury 

24/10/2011 at 12:39

Thanks for the Welcomes!

Aah yes, I forgot that we turned left from the Start and did a bit of a detour.  So - only half of Parliament St  it is then - even better  and maybe a Pier Head finish as well... can't be bad!

24/10/2011 at 15:37
I think will enter once I get paid at the start of november, hope to get my pb down from 91 minutes to around 85 this year so will need to train quite hard to improve. Looking forward to it
26/10/2011 at 20:32
Im in.

This will be my 3rd year on the trot!

Bit of a bugger it being mothers day as well..........I gotta sweat talk the wife now (never never easy at the best of times)
27/10/2011 at 08:12
Entries going well. First 750 taken up so well on schedule to beat 2010 entries at 7,500 with five months to go! I hope the new the new online system is working well. The system we had in place this year was problematic to say the least. I am assured the new system is a big improvement!
27/10/2011 at 10:59

Just noticed the spelling mistake in my post before this 'sweat instead of sweet'.  Havfnt changed it because sweat is something that went along with sweet talking her  .  Anyway job done!!

Now staying at Crowne Plaza and the wife and daughter are coming with me (they dont normaly, and i normally stay in a flea pit of a hotel) and the wife has my credit card for as long as it takes me to run the 13.1 mile........ its been 2hrs so many seconds the last two years.

Shes made up!!  But its going to cost me a small fortune!!

27/10/2011 at 13:06
Barney Wales wrote (see)

Just noticed the spelling mistake in my post before this 'sweat instead of sweet'.  Havfnt changed it because sweat is something that went along with sweet talking her  .  Anyway job done!!

Now staying at Crowne Plaza and the wife and daughter are coming with me (they dont normaly, and i normally stay in a flea pit of a hotel) and the wife has my credit card for as long as it takes me to run the 13.1 mile........ its been 2hrs so many seconds the last two years.

Shes made up!!  But its going to cost me a small fortune!!

Nice one Barney, although a lot of spending can be done in two hours, but I do like your training motivation, getting quicker to save you money, I might try that one myself!
27/10/2011 at 20:26

Just a quick thank you for those who have posted the reassuring and positive comments about the marathon on the rating section - with one notable exception. It seems I've started and created a 'cult' following... at least I think that's what was said.

I'll be sending out an email prompt next week about coaching groups sessions (managed by Richard Othen and iMarathon Training for the half marathon so if anyone is looking to improve then I would suggest that is a good way to do it.

Santa Dash is picking up significantly as well. Here comes Christmas! Shall we have a social gathering??

1 to 20 of 276 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.