Liverpool Half Marathon 2013

New start / finish area

81 to 100 of 367 messages
06/01/2013 at 11:28

I did open a thread about this the other which has mysteriously disappeared??

The start / finish will be at the Pier Head in front of the Liver Buildings and the start time will be 9.00am due to the high tide times and use of the Marina Bridge just before the new 12 mile point.

We have to have all runners past this point so as to allow yacht access on to the River Mersey.

Entries approaching 5,000 at this time so will probably reach the 8,000 limit we have imposed this year.

Regarding car parking it seems to be car park wars in the city at the moment so there will be plenty of close proximity parking. All will be advised in the race instructions. 

06/01/2013 at 19:27

Going to do this i think can anyone tell me what the course is like ? flat, undulating, is there pb potential ?

Many thanks Ashman...

07/01/2013 at 08:42

Flat with one incline after about 1 mile, 300 meters long. Good potential for a PB.

07/01/2013 at 17:27
With a 9:00am start, if my training picks up just a little bit I'll be on course for my usual post race routine before Rigby's even opens. Good news on the Start/Finish moving. Has the move caused any other minor alterations to the route?
08/01/2013 at 09:37

I think Princes Park will be taken out altogether and the section along Croxteth Drive past the cricket club and allotments added. Other than that no change, comes back along the promenade from Otterspool.

08/01/2013 at 21:28
Loads of cultural stuff! Check out the Tate gallery and the Albert dock. Yellow duckmarine tour, the museum, George's hall and the art gallery are good of that's your bag too. You could see what's on at the empire or royal court theatre's too. Oh and the Anglican cathedral ain't half bad either.

Or take her to Goodison park!
08/01/2013 at 21:53
Cake wrote (see)

Needing a tip off is there any thing on the saturday that might be of interest in liverpool. Promised the missus a weekend away and can't see anything curtural.

Theres a couple of nice Curry Houses & some decent pubs......what more do you need the night before a race?

14/01/2013 at 12:25

I've had that headache for 57 years!!

LIVERBIRD    pirate
23/01/2013 at 21:00

Alan - the road is still very pitted and patchy by St Hildas, despite the resurfacing they claim to have 'finished'. It might be worth popping along to have a look to make sure you're happy with it?

LIVERBIRD    pirate
23/01/2013 at 21:01
Cake wrote (see)

Entered so can hug Liverbird.

EXCELLENT! It's been a while Cakey boy!  You bringing Booky too? YAY!

24/01/2013 at 12:56

LB - I don't think it's going to get any better and we will place CAUTION UNEVEN ROAD SURFACE AHEAD  signs at the beginning of Croxteth Drive by the school.

My last post advising about our imminent changes was removed by RW as it constituted 'advertising'. I thought it was information as we are not selling anything but there you go.

You'll have to make do with our email contacts for any additional information.

Hope to see you all at the weekend... 

24/01/2013 at 12:57

Entries approaching 7,000 by the way so WILL probably run out in a couple of weeks. Just a remainder if you haven't entered.

LIVERBIRD    pirate
24/01/2013 at 18:34
I won't be there at the weekend.
I've just had an op and I'm sick as hell with an infection. The infection is worse than the bloody op.
I can't believe I've not got grapes
25/01/2013 at 07:27

Get well soon! The sign is finalley up outside the shop. Wooohhooo!!

27/01/2013 at 22:24
Are there going to be starting pens this year according to time? last year was absolute carnage trying to get to the front and people on the start line in fancy dress with a 3hr time is just ridiculous! I had a faster time by 1 minute than a women that was in front of me but ended up being placed 1 down as she crossed the line before me!
28/01/2013 at 08:07

PP - the reason we have moved the start and finish is because the area we have been in for the last four years is now too small for the numbers taking part. The new start line on Canada Boulevard copes well with the 8,000 we have in the Santa Dsh at the same location.

Time boards will be in place for those who choose to acknowledge them...

cougie    pirate
28/01/2013 at 08:41
PP go by chip time and position. That's what theyre there for ?
31/01/2013 at 10:14

Entry alert, less than 700 places with six weeks to go. At the current rate they will be gone within a week!! Although the official closing date is 15th February it looks like they will all have gone by then.

8,000 is a modest improvement on the 7,600 last year so a great start to 2013.

03/02/2013 at 14:36
That's exactly what there for so why be placed down when they can clearly see I was faster! Yeah not a conversation for this thread i know ; )
03/02/2013 at 19:40
Entered and raring to go . Is the 8,000 a natural limit for the race or if people entered earlier could the start/ finish area cope with more runners ?
81 to 100 of 367 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.