Liverpool Half-Marathon

shall i do it

21 to 25 of 25 messages
20/01/2010 at 15:55

Just to let you know there is a longer and more extensive thread on this race. Great to see there are lots of runners new to the event and the distance!

Alan Rothwell

'runliverpool' initiative

03/02/2010 at 19:11
this will be my first half marathon as i am fairly new to running i have done the sodbury slog the last couple of years but thats all ive done and as i am 60 in march it will be a great prezzy if i complete it (hope i can! )
03/02/2010 at 19:13
this will be my first half marathon as i am fairly new to running although i have done the sodbury slog the last couple of years but thats all ive done and as i am 60 in march it will be a great prezzy to my self if i complete it (hope i can! )
02/03/2010 at 20:54
Go for it Stuart it's a good race I've done last 2.
06/03/2010 at 23:23

Like Stuart, this will be my first half marathon and I'm looking forward to it with equal measures of fear & joy!

I have done quite a few 5km, a couple of 10k and am upto 15km in training but after reading all your supportive posts I feel a lot easier now.

Although I don't live there anymore, Liverpool is my home town so it will be such a buzz to finish along the water front and the post race 're-hydration' will no doubt be a good laugh.

I was lucky enough to get a place on the GNR so I'm counting this as training for the more challenging route in September.

Good luck to everyone taking part - see you there!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.