Liverpool Half Marathon

6 messages
21/08/2002 at 13:30
I heard that the Liverpool Half Marathon might be using a different route from the usual (and very hilly!) route normally used. Anyone know if this is the case?
22/08/2002 at 16:06
I heard that it may be a different route but the website (www.runliverpool.org.uk) shows the old route. It is NOT hilly though. It is mainly flat but does have a couple inclines, one of which is quite tough but not to long.
23/08/2002 at 11:02
Apparently they've now decided that they are going to have exactly the same route as last year.

Glad to hear that it's mainly fast, it's my first half marathon.
03/09/2002 at 16:32
Did my 2nd Liverpool 1/2 at the w/e and enjoyed it except that a few small things (mile markers and the broken finish line clock) were a bit irritating. For those who completed it, the results are on the runliverpool.org.uk website.
10/09/2002 at 10:17
I thought the course was supposed to be flat.

It was my first 1/2 and like John I found it a bit disappointed that the clock was broken.

Did they have a celebrity starter like last year? I missed the start because I was in the toilet.
11/09/2002 at 22:24
No they didn't have a celebrity starter - it was whatshisface who won the first big brother series. I got my fastest time for 17 years so was more than happy with the route although it was a bit hillier than I expected.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.