Loch Ness Marathon 2012

441 to 453 of 453 messages
02/10/2012 at 20:49

photo's are brill

02/10/2012 at 21:09

Really good race.  Very well organised, beautiful course, great finish, brilliant t-shirt & medal (whoever did that shoelace design needs a bonus), and lots of really nice touches, especially the soup.  Just about the right size of field, easy registration, and I even quite enjoyed the Dores hill as I'd dawdled quite disgracefully up to that point and ended with a slightly negative split.  Plus of course one of the loveliest towns and surroundings in the whole world.  I especially liked how it was wonderfully tranquil at the points in the race where you just want to switch off, but starts getting more support right at the point where you start needing it.

I suppose my only hesitation would simply be that the course really is quite a challenge, even the first few downhill miles.  The profile map makes it look easier than it is because it's on such a big scale it hides the fact that the flat bits along the like aren't flat at all.  This isn't a criticism at all - I like my hills - but it's worth bearing in mind for anyone aiming for a specific time.

Still, will almost certainly be back as I fell in love with Inverness.

02/10/2012 at 21:26

I am not impressed with the pics at all, 26 miles of the most fabulous scenery and I have a choice of 10 pics all taken in the last 20 yards of concrete path (for £29) with more on top for 10 seconds of video, smacks of sheer laziness to me

03/10/2012 at 08:15
I thought there might of been more photographers out and about on the course taking pictures as some of the backdrops were glorious! As for the video I'm not sure I'd want to watch the final 20 meters anyway - I was shattered!

I have 1 picture I really like but I certainly aint payin that much for 1 pic
03/10/2012 at 10:34

I look ok in the photos surprisingly(3102) but then again i  was feeling like crap but you gotta put your "athletes " face on for the cameras

03/10/2012 at 19:03

Yup- the photos are always bad- although you may notice I've sneakily used an old "thumbnail" one for my picture on here ( you can copy and paste those for free) - all they are good for I'm afraid- I can't believe people actually pay money for them!

I did see a couple of photographers on the course- and even smiled and waved for 1 ( that was before the nosebleed- I was much less picturesque after)- perhaps I'll feature in the advert next year!

03/10/2012 at 19:45

Oh dear, I bought one,  Well the wife did..only a small one showing the Loch in the background - how sad is that ? !  No 727.

Otherwise agree, they are petty much rubbish..did any of you have to wave your arms in the air, going up hills, for the photographer hiding in some obscure place up an embankment..I could barely lift my legs..let alone my arms!

Full respect given to the blind runner and his partner. They were going well, coudln't catch them. 

04/10/2012 at 11:51

I kept seeing a photographer on a motorbike (brown jacket) who was taking a fair few pictures of runners near me during the first half of the race. But these pictures don't seem to be the ones available on the web so I'm not sure whether this was a different company, or even a private individual who was taking pictures of a friend (though he was taking pictures of most people running past).

08/10/2012 at 19:15

started running again yesterday - 4 gentle miles with the same this morning (with hi-viz, gloves and hat!!)

Well that's my last post on this forum - big thanks to all your help over the last few months your help and encouragement has been immense. I'm off to the Preston Guild Half Marathon forum, so if anybody is doing that I will see you there!!

08/10/2012 at 19:24
JO all the best!
08/10/2012 at 19:34

Ditto.!

08/10/2012 at 22:14

Good luck all, maybe see you all again next year....

Although think I may have the bug now so trying to decide what to do next.... (suspect I know what BB will suggest)

08/10/2012 at 22:19

Ya Ya,  JO13  Ich Bin Berliner...Prost. Sehr Gut.. 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
441 to 453 of 453 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.