London and Edinburgh marathons

3 messages
26/01/2008 at 16:05

Is anybody else out there doing both the London and Edinburgh marathons?

I was just wondering what sort of a training programe people will be doing inbetween these events as there is only six weeks betwween each race.

would be interested to know.

26/01/2008 at 16:29

Hail Hail

I'm doing both, but I've got an endurance event before FLM, so it is just going to be a training run with no target in mind.  Following FLM, I'll take a week off, then comeback with 40M, 50M, 60M weeks, with increased speedwork before a 10 day taper before a 2.40 attempt at Edinburgh.  Each of the 3/4 weeks where I'm training will have a long run of between 18M and 22M, with shorter faster stuff including lots of interval reps.

Hope this helps.

27/01/2008 at 14:09

Thanks running bhoy

You sound a lot faster and fitter than me.I hope to finish both marathons in about 4-41/2 hours.I will keep up the weekend long runs (20m) going with  short faster runs during the week (well fast for me)

thanks

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.